• Random Images

• Hammock Camping News and Announcements RSS Feed

Published on 04-06-2020 21:04

Just a reminder. This forum is for the discussion of hammocks and hammock camping only.
    If you would like to discuss things unrelated to hammocks and hammock camping, you can become a Donating Member and those forums will become available to you.
    Any further threads or discussions about the Corona Virus/COVID-19 and the discussion of mask will be moved to the Donating Members off Topic forum.
    Published on 02-28-2020 00:56

We wanted to be let everyone know that Dutchware has purchased Clark Hammock Company. We have move the Clark Jungle Hammock forum into a sub forum under the Dutchware forums.

Hammock Forums is a family friendly site. This means that our topics, language and treatment of each other are what you'd want your kids to see. We're not a bunch of prudes...we just think that the internet has enough places where that behavior is tolerated, and this particular site shouldn't be one of them. This is a great community where the norm is to support others in their ideas and projects, and not assume offense where none is intended...and therefore not to flame, call names, or create friction in our threads. Respectful disagreement is ok; disrespectful comments are not.

Please participate in accordance with these guidelines, and PM the mods with any questions.

Just a friendly reminder of HF's Terms of Service re: discussing religion and politics on this forum. It's not allowed.

I thought a reminder would help us stay focused. Applying the TOS to the holidays, it's ok to wish folks Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa or whatever...but discussions about the religious aspects of the holidays will be removed. We're here to discuss hammocks, so if you have strong feelings about religion and the holidays, please find another forum to discuss them.
    Published on 03-15-2014 02:22

Hammock Forums has always had a strict rule against political and religious posts. This has normally applied to issues that most members can agree are contentious...gun rights and carry laws, differences in religion, political elections and candidates, etc. As we've said several times, this isn't about First Amendment rights but about keeping this particular site respectful and on-topic.
    by Published on 03-28-2017 14:39
    1. Categories:
    2. DIY,
    3. Hammocks
    Article Preview

The Following Xcel Document will walk you through step by step procedures on how to create a simple two tone gathered end ...

• Recent Forum Posts

LowTech

Double hang bug net?

With two hammocks side by side, or even worse in a tight V, tarping can be a challenge as Eclectic mentioned. One of the things I've done several times

LowTech Today, 00:19 Go to last post
    PopcornFool

Hawk Nest Hammock Tent

Looks exactly like dozens of other similar designs on Amazon. Most are in the the $36-$96 range. Do a search on Amazon for "hammock tent" to

PopcornFool Yesterday, 23:50 Go to last post
    Phantom Grappler

1.5mm Taut Line Hitch Line

You are welcome LowTech. And thanks to British actor and radio personality, Barry Farrimond, for giving us his namesake knot in 2007 at a Welsh bushcraft

Phantom Grappler Yesterday, 23:41 Go to last post
    MrMitch

Double hang bug net?

Those are some good thoughts, thanks for the ideas. As far as tarps, I'll set them up however she wants. I've got a couple 10x15 tarps already, but I'll

MrMitch Yesterday, 22:03 Go to last post
    MrMitch

Double hang bug net?

I did find a few without a tarp, just the netting. One even had openings on opposite sides. But it looked like was going to be some experimental DIY,

MrMitch Yesterday, 21:57 Go to last post
    MrMitch

Double hang bug net?

Ok, that Birds Nest net is pretty cool. I was kind of imagining something like that. As far as feeling the motion of the other person, I think we can

MrMitch Yesterday, 21:53 Go to last post
    LowTech

Hawk Nest Hammock Tent

It reminds me very much of the Clark's we had, only this one has an actual rain fly instead of just a cover.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

LowTech Yesterday, 21:25 Go to last post
    LowTech

Double hang bug net?

That Bird Nest has been on our list as well. I did learn from having a Clark Vertex that I prefer having a three point setup instead of a spreader bar.

LowTech Yesterday, 21:09 Go to last post
  • Google Search HammockForums

untitled
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • HYOH Podcasts

• Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 66,214
    Total Threads: 152,310
    Total Posts: 2,092,924
    Currently Online: 4185

Newest Member: hangten13