line pouch mods for superfly tarp
I finally got myself a thread injector and started killing material via death by needle.
my first project was converting my sb into a uq,
then with that as practice I made these mods to the superfly making line pouches.
I've been sewing all day .....
and mostly just making a mess with thread going everywhere!
..... I had more jams and messes of knots .........
but later I started to get some clean stitches going .....
It's not as easy as it might all sound,
and getting quality stitching is gonna take me awhile to figure out!
but two of my projects are now done and ready for field testing!
and later I'll get back onto my "Thunderbird" project,
but that'll be after my 10-12 day kayak trip down the colorado river
starting in austin texas and finishing in the gulf of mexico.
spid-oops, posted in DIY instead
Here's the link. I forgot all about RL pockets! On my way back down to the basement...
snake skins for my superfly tarp!
I'm making snake skins for my superfly tarp!
I got one side already done and it's looking pretty cool.
I got built in pockets on the end for the ridgeline tie out lines.
I got a mirrored pocket on the other side for the side pull out lines.
everything in it's place and easy to find, stow and deploy ....
this is cool .....
pics coming later after I finish .
and thanks to TrailH4x for his 2 cents to start my thread injector going!