The constructive part of the operation
This next picture shows where I have pinned up the edges around the opening. As I said before, I would add extra down to the baffles before pinning them. I didn't measure the down, just added it where is looked like I wanted the warmest part of the quilt. In my usual sewing I am lazy and use only a few pins. Not here - lots of pins were used to keep the unruly down where it belonged.
I don't have any pictures of the sewing process. I bought my thread injector out to the large table where I was working on the bag so that the bag could sit as flat as possible. I sewed a rolled hem all around. It took a while, but the material was very light and handled well. Only the tight curve at the foot box end caused trouble.
The finished product:
Here is that tough curve at the bottom:
Its not perfect, but none of my sewing is. I've tested the quilt several times and it has kept me warm to just below 30 degrees - the rating of the original bag. I felt a little cool at those temps, so wouldn't want to push it much lower. Overall, I'm quite happy - I have a light quilt that packs away in a small amount of volume. :D:D