Well this has been a productive week, so far the gear produced is as follows
2x down UQ 60x40" with differential baffles and 3-4" loft (one for me one for a friend)
1x gathered end hammock with bug netting (for my brother)
1x asymetric hammock with bug netting
1x cat cut silnylon tarp with a 12' ridgeline
1x set of whoopie slings
I don't have all my kit like ridgeline, guy lines and the like here at my parent's place here in the UK so set-up photos will have to wait but I think it all looks great!
I'm most amazed by the weight savings my current setup was...
1020g hammock +suspension
1400g synthetic UQ
3400g Total (120oz)
Now my setup is...
475g hammock (inc whoopie slings)
560g down UQ
1560g Total (55oz)
Thanks to all contributers on here for such easy and comprehensive tutorials and great tips!!! pics to follow ;)
IMPRESSIVE! That's quite a DIY week by any standard!
your as bad as me LOL
Originally Posted by Col_M
nice job...would love to see some pics :D
Wow, what a week! Congrats! Would love to see pictures if you can get them. How did you get a whole week's worth of DIY work in, did you take time off work?
I took a week off work to visit my parents here in the UK, my mum also works in a school so it's the easter holidays for her right now which made it a good time to take some time off.
Tarp tie out
Light was an issue in these pics due to the only room big enough having a dark corner, but you get the idea :) I'll have to see about hanging the hammocks somewhere but that may have to wait until I'm back in CZ (if I get there on Sunday but the great big volcanic ash cloud closing UK airspace may delay that).
Whoooooo Buddy ..... way to get it done!!!!!
Bet you are itching to get out into the forest with that new gear......
Congratulations on your skills.
way to go buddy!!!! i still aint got my **** together as my machine went BANG!!!!! big time scared the crap out of me and sent me flying across the room :scared::scared::scared:
Thanks everyone, it does feel great being able to say "I made that" :D
Silnylon is a bit of a pain to work with though, it's very slippery and also very springy, as in it doesn't take folds well and always tries to spring back flat again.
The pertex microlight that I made the UQs from is great though, it's so soft and has a lovely feel to it. I have tons of it left too so when I'm next over I may have a go at making a top quiltfrom it.