Impressive specs. 1.60 per foot is a little expensive, but it is still a very viable option for support ropes.
RIT RESCUE & ESCAPE SYSTEMS - 3/8" TUBLUAR KEVLAR WEBBING:
RIT's 3/8" tubular kevlar webbing is used in both our search and egress systems. This tubular Kevlar is not only light weight but easily compactable which makes it ideal for either application.
- 5,500 pound tensile strength
- 862 degree temperature rating
- When used for egress, tubular webbing must be accompanied by the RIT Descender
- Rope made from Kevlar is pound for pound five times as strong as steel and obviously much lighter in weight
- Rope made of Kevlar is stronger, at the same weight, than nylon or polyester rope
- Rope made of Kevlar does not suffer shrinkage like most other rope made from organic fibers when exposed to hot air or hot water
- Rope made of Kevlar exibits far less creep(lengthening of a material under constant load) than nylon or polyester
- Rope made of Kevlar is less apt to suffer stress rupture(sudden failure of a material when it is held under a load less than its tensile strength for a period of time)
- Rope made of Kevlar has excellent chemical resistance and heat resistance