Attaching Whoopie Slings
I received my Whoopie Slings and Ridge line today... since I am inexperienced, I need help!!! I have an ENO doublenest and have used it once.
1) Is the proper attachment to the hammock to take 2 wraps around the "knot" at the end of the hammock, then run the line back through the closed loop?
2) Attach to the tree strap using a carabiner or Marlin spike?
3) What is the proper way to attach the structural ridge line to the hammock?
4) The set up is to be such that the ridge line is not too taut?
Thanks... help will be greatly appreciated!!!
1) Some do a single wrap, some do two, then through the ridgeline loop.
OOps, #2 I attach my whoopies to a carabiner secured to tree huggers via the marlin spike hitch (very simple). It offers ease of adjustment and security as well as easily adjusting to various size trees. #3 see my first, yhat's the way my warbonnet is strung. #4 Your ridgeline can be faily tight but not guitar string tight. The idea is to set consistent sag and provide support for your netting. If too tight, increase your angle from hammock to tree slightly. It takes some practice to see how your changes effect your hang. Hope this helps...Bush
Thanks, Bush, for your prompt, helpful reply... I will be playin' in the back yard until I get it right... expect more questions based on my inexperience!!!