My section hike
OK, I have 28 days (as of about 10 AM today) to go till I leave for my section hike.
Except for a planned one night stay at Kincora, I plan on spending EVERY night in my hammock. I may even sleep in my hammock at Kincora if I can find a place to put it.
I think I can stick with the stay only in the hammock, all 24* days less the Kincora stop. I am even planning on "Passin thru" Damascus.
At least that is the plan :rolleyes:
*I'll be gone 27, but only hiking 24.
Come on, shelters are awesome. You know you want to do it. Say it with me, I will stay in a shelter.
don't listen to him doc... he's mixed up man:eek: :p :D
Originally Posted by hammock engineer
I hope that you have a great hike. Stay safe.
Are you going to have an online trail journal for us to follow? I'm sure you'll have a great time!
I'm pretty sure that he isn't doing any TJ.
I hope it rains for you. Now that I think about it north of Kincora there was no water when I went from from Wataga dam shelter for around 20+ miles until close to the road 2 shelters north.
No records kept, no snowman war stories...
No trail journal, at least while I'm hiking.
But I will post a a day by day & a summary here when I get home.
Hopefully it will be too warm for the snowmen to get to me, I barely escaped from their last attack :eek:
I actually hope it rains every night, with lots & lots of THUNDER. But I would prefer to hike with the sun overhead.
My hanging gear:
Two 6.5' long 1.25" wide nylon straps ala "tree huggers"
Skeeter Beeter Hammock with a spectra cord ridgeline.
Nylon Tarp that used to be a "Neo tarp" from SG.
Hammock Engineer made hammock sock.
Ray Way quilt with Alpine update as an over quilt.
KAQ Patomic underquilt.
Just in case: My oversized sit pad doubles as extra insulation if it gets cold.
8" x 8" fleece pillow case.
I am considering putting the gear hammock back on, but I don't know. I like the gear hammock, but was rarely using it. Havn't taken it last 3 trips, didn't miss it, so, , , , , ,
Most nights I'll be sleeping in shorts & tee shirt, my "PJs".
The plan is to hit Kincora around April 22ish, then Damascus around the 27th or 28th. I aint going to hurry, just as long as I make it to Atkins VA by May 10th (about 7.6 MPD).
I leave THURSDAY AM!!!!!
Will be on the trail by about 9AM Friday.
My boss said he was going to have a stroke while I am gone. I can't decide if I'm actually upset by this or not :p
I want to leave NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!
But I gots to work Wed 7A to 7A.
All packed, my FSO is down to 29.5 Lbs, with 8 to 8.5 Lbs of food & 1 ltr H2O. When I get back, Im saving for a new pack (looking at the Catalyst by ULA) & a new tarp (prolly a OES rectangular). I could get the new stuff now, but then it's no money for the trip. Priority is hiking, gear secondary! So hike now, gear later!!
Would you just leave already and stop rubbing it in! What can I say, I'm jealous.