The TurtleDog stand
Ok, I've been putting it off too long! After seeing the olddog modifications to the turtlelady bamboo stand I knew I needed one. I am planning on hanging inside full time and wanted to use it in the house. But... I've been happy spending most nights hanging outside in the back yard. Summer temps are starting to work their way down here and it's not as cool at night as I would like so I am going to have to move inside soon.
So I pulled the plug, I scrounged some stuff around the house and bought the rest of the supplies last night and built it this morning. Here it is in all it's glory. I still have some tweaks to make but it is usable as is and will only improve as I tweak.
Thanks to EVERYONE that has contributed to the big bamboo stand thread but mostly to olddog and turtlelady.
That is a very tidy looking stand. Any chance you could post some close ups of the joints? Maybe even a list of the materials used?
Inquiring minds want to know ;)
Close ups! Yes! Please:-)
Just noticed the name! I'll be packing mine up for a trip to Virginia next month. Wife wanted to fly but I doubt that the Turtle Dog would make it as carry on.
I'm battling a headache that is sapping my energy for going outside and taking pics but I'll try to do a list of what I used (pretty much what olddog did for his). Here goes:
Originally Posted by Moel Siabod
- 6 - 8'x2"x2" cut down to about 6 feet
- 2 - Gate hinges (I picked one that looked like the size that made sense)
- 8 - 1/4"x2.5" bolts with nuts and washers
- 2 - small stainless steel shackles
- about 10' of some kind of metal pipe type stuff that has one end smaller to fit inside another piece, cut into two pieces
- some spare rope
- a couple of biners (these are sort of temporary until I figure out how I want to attache my hammock to the stand
Close pics later (maybe tomorrow)
Very nice! I want one and I don't even need it!
Did Olddog ever do a tutorial on how to build one of these?