My first under quilt (Pic heavy)
Well I finally went for it and made my own under blanket.
It is made from cotton quilted fleece.
I didn't follow 1 particular plan but got ideas from here and there the most being here.
I got my rectangle of material and cut it to the right size. Next I followed lone trackers tutorial and cut the curves for the bottom.
Bias binding was then added to the 2 long sides then the edges were folded back on themselves and sewn to create a channel.
Next the curves were sewn to give its final shape.
I was umming and ahhing for ages on what to do for the ends as I needed them to scrunch tight so in the end I added bias binding to the edges first then bought some ripstop nylon to create the end channels.
To hang it, I am using 3mm paracord on the side channels and 5mm bungees on the end channels both with cord locks to keep it either in place or scrunched up for the ends.
It was all hand sewn ( Took a fair bit of time) as the machine decided to give up the ghost.
I have just got back from Glen Tanar were I a few of us were staying and each night the temps dropped below zero. It performed excellent, it took around 10 min to warm up but once the dead space heated it was lovely and warm.
Im glad I finally pulled my finger our and got on with it as it turned out better than I was hoping.
Many thanks to all of you folks on this forum as you have helped time and time again. Even if I havent asked the question myself I have gained knowledge from you all helping each other.
ok pictures are worth a thousand words:
So there we have it. Any criticisms or pointers on where I can improve or something I haven't done right are more than welcome, I would like to improve it any way I can.
Thanks for looking