my locked brummel failed!
Hey guys, I tried something new the other day, with really bad results----I made a locked brummel on one end of a whoopie sling for my new bridge hammock-----to save a few inches, i made the bury end really short---like only an inch. Anyway, it looked good, and seemed secure until I laid down in the hammock---next thing I know, Im laying on the ground! i didnt get hurt, and the hammock wasnt damaged, but it could have been bad. After looking at the locked brummel, I realized that with such a short bury, the amsteel frayed/unbraided it self and unraveled the knot/splice. So the moral of the story is......dont do that! :laugh: