So...I got a couple of down mummy sleeping bags free (thank you Auntie Jane) and I've used them as TQ and UQs. I need some help dialing it in. I'm putting these photos in. I sewed the foot end with a channel for shock cord. That end is pretty cake. The middle is:confused: a bit loose, but ok. The head end is a bit wonky. I didn't want to trim it straight to avoid more sewing. It already had cord in the channels to snug, but one sode is wider as the "pillow" part of the mummy sack.
Any ideas from folks that have tried this, or just enjoy analyzing and problemsolving?-
Photo 3 shows the TQ sack set up like a pea pod, but iI felt a little smushed in once in the hammock
That third pic looks like you're being eaten by a snake. You should sew some eyes on it. :D
For the middle, you can sew some tabs on and run a little shock cord from one side to the other over the RL. (Oops you'll need a ridge line to do that) That helps keep the middle up. Also if you had a ridge line you could put a prusik on that and hook the UQ suspension to the prusiks. It has the effect of a steeper angle to the suspension and pulls more "up" than "out".
Originally Posted by Redoleary
Something like this
I have a ridgeline, so that's no problem! I can sew some tabs to attach a bit more shock cord for upward suspension v/s end to end suspension.
These are just the sort of observations for which I hoped! Thanks, anyone who looked, and especially to my homies making great suggestions to me!
YES, the "peapod experiment" was a little too much like a straight jacket!
Worth trying, always, but I ain't skeered to say, "Try again!" Could call that one the Boa Constrictor...