New in Atlanta Area
Hi folks...just picked up a new Hennessy Hammock Expedition Classic off craigslist and then discovered this forum. Have ordered the snakeskins. Have tent camped and have a small camper but never used a hammock. I'm a side sleeper and never thought I could be comfortable in a hammock then I read the reviews of the HH and can't wait to try it out.
Welcome from Atlanta!
Take the time to look for dejoha's illustrations as they will give you some reference on the basics of setup, proper hang angle, etc. For your first few times set it up in your back yard and get a feel for what looks right and on your first trip out make sure you have a backup shelter just in case.
Enjoy the addiction.
Welcome from Augusta GA. Make sure and join one of the group hangs. We had one last month up at Raven Cliffs, and I'll bet there will be another one soon enough. You can learn a lot about hammocks on the forums, but there's nothing quite like seeing them all up close and learning from those who've been doing this a long time.
I see some sleeping in the backyard in your future...
Welcome to the forums from Athens!
welcome to Hammock Forums and hey from high point nc.
Welcome...also from GA. Lots of great info here.
OK so it's sunny and 66 degrees with a light breeze...I had to put up the HH. Found a couple of trees in the woods behind the house and slung it. When I learn how to post on this forum I'll put up a picture.
1) I need longer tree huggers than the standard.
2) Tied with the figure 8 but already knew I wanted to get the carabiner rapeling rings setup for quick setup and adjustment.
3) Will want to string a separate higher line for the fly.
4) Need to make sure I don't hang it too high needs to be just right sitting height.
5) Take your keys and wallet out BEFORE you lay down.
6) Don't lay down in it on a beautiful day unless you have time for a long nap!
7) I was quite cool underneath which will be great in the summer time but will require proper insulation when needed.
Now to find another warm day and night to camp!
Sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Horrible pun intended.
Originally Posted by mdmcfar