Hi all !
I'm getting a Superfly for Christmas and I am currently working on the bits to go with it.
Can anyone tell me..
1. How long do I make the door tie backs?
2. Do you put a mitten hook on each end of the four pieces?
3. How about cord locks?
4. I've seen how some of you guys use one length of shock cord between the panel pulls, Do you make these detachable? I was wondering if they were left on but not used (when raining) they might wet the tarp through eventually due to them touching the sil constantly?
(hope that makes sense)
Thanks in advance:)
1. I used reflectix cordage. and larksheaded one end to the d-ring on the outer point on each corner. I put a prussik knot on each piece so that I would have an adjustable line to go around the stakes when not tied back.
Originally Posted by suggy
2. I put a mitton hook on one end and a small ring on the other so I can clip them together when not used.
3. I like prussik knots instead of cord locks, but that would work too.
LINK TO IMAGES OF PRUSSIK KNOTS
4. You could use mitten hooks at the end of shock cords to make them detachable. However, when it is rainy, that's when I'm closing the doors on the SF.
Experimenting with tie outs is fun. Try a few different options until you are happy.