hey guys it is time for me to upgrade my hammock, and i really like the sounds of the traveler form warbonnet. for me bugnet is something that i don't need so i think the black bird would be harder to justify:D only problem is other than one other person on here no one is asking anything. I know angrysparrow uses one and loves it, but can't find any pictures of it in action. any help will be appreciated. thanks
Here's one. Sadly, almost every pic that I can find of it is with it surrounded by a SnugFit or PeaPod or Weather Cover.
thanks. that's what i love about this forum, you ask a question, and get an answer very fast:D you said before that you use this hammock whenever possible, how does it compare to other gathered end hammocks?
It compares favorably, IMO.
Some quick thoughts-
- It isn't as wide as a HAAB-style double, so there isn't spare fabric dangling on the edges, but is wide enough to allow a comfortable asymmetrical lay.
- Brandon's gathering/whipping method doesn't take up much room lengthwise, so the fabric spreads out well while being a relatively short hammock (10').
- As a double layer, it seems to have less give in the material than other HAABs.
- The 4' YKK zipper along the edge allows easy access between the layers
- It is a very simple hammock. I'm a big fan of simplicity.
soam i. my current diy is only 60 in wide so the 72 would be nice, and should give me that little extra room i need. does it have a foot box like the black bird?
Originally Posted by angrysparrow
No, there is no special shape or extra addons to the material.
Originally Posted by plowhorse
I have a few photos of mine in my gallery, but a UQ is wrapped around the bottom. This photo might give you an idea of what the simple end-gathered hammock is like.