LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    I also think it was just a weird condensation thing. With some weather you just can't avoid it. Last year at Thanksgiving I had the inside of my hex tarp frost without me being under it. I wonder if it was moisture coming up off the creak in that instance, it was just a few feet away.
    I think that's what it was ,but now I have a new problem, I use pads in my hammock, ( I have all sorts from ground dwelling ) haven't got money yet for an under quilt yet ,but having trouble keeping them under me ,shug suggested the wing thing as a cheaper alternative, ( for now ) then I seen a Big Anges bag that the pad fits into it,$120 local which seems like a great deal, but then I seen a full under quilt from molly mac I think it was for $170 usd plus shipping and tax +duty etc etc, this is the cheapest U.Q. I have seen, but now I am wondering if I go the u.q. route will I have to get a cover for that as well, this hammock stuff starts of great but a guy/girl can sure get carried away with all the cool gear out there. I have lots of time to decide ,on the uq but I am worried I might miss out on the Big Agnes decisions, decisions

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I think that's what it was ,but now I have a new problem, I use pads in my hammock, ( I have all sorts from ground dwelling ) haven't got money yet for an under quilt yet ,but having trouble keeping them under me ,shug suggested the wing thing as a cheaper alternative, ( for now ) then I seen a Big Anges bag that the pad fits into it,$120 local which seems like a great deal, but then I seen a full under quilt from molly mac I think it was for $170 usd plus shipping and tax +duty etc etc, this is the cheapest U.Q. I have seen, but now I am wondering if I go the u.q. route will I have to get a cover for that as well, this hammock stuff starts of great but a guy/girl can sure get carried away with all the cool gear out there. I have lots of time to decide ,on the uq but I am worried I might miss out on the Big Agnes decisions, decisions
    An UQP is nice but not necessary. I've never done the pad thing but it seems like a pain, I have tried using a sleeping bag in the normal way though.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    very simlilar to you with having mutliple differnt sorts of ground pads - and im attempiting to DIY my own UQ -- however i would say save your money up till you can top end a quilt rather than getting a cheap one - as otherwise youll endup playing the +1 game......and spending more money.....

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    An UQP is nice but not necessary. I've never done the pad thing but it seems like a pain, I have tried using a sleeping bag in the normal way though.
    cheers mouse , it just seems like u.q. is the way to go, I just had no idea I would fall in love with hanging this much, and I guess I am trying to avoid the route of having 3 of every thing and none of it what I want ,( not doing to good with that )

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooTa View Post
    very simlilar to you with having mutliple differnt sorts of ground pads - and im attempiting to DIY my own UQ -- however i would say save your money up till you can top end a quilt rather than getting a cheap one - as otherwise youll endup playing the +1 game......and spending more money.....
    shoo ta, that's what I think I will do ,I have a long winter ahead ,so that definitely sounds like the smart thing to do,i just hope I can stop myself from playing the +1 game, not doing to good at the moment lol

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I doubt you will have regrets with an uq. I did the pad thing for a while. It was ok, but not snuggly like an underquilt. A uq/tq is like having a soft, cozy duvet on top of you...AND under you. So much comfort.

Now if you will excuse me, imma finish up work so I can hang in my yard. Gotta test out the new tarp suspension

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various

found my problem

found my problem ( I think ) I was cooking under the tarp ,and then that's when I noticed the drips happening ,I forgot to mention that the first time around ,,so it was definitely condensation from boiling water under the tarp you live and learn I guess

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Gee, I was just starting to miss Alberta, I was thinking about a trip to Edmonton and Grand Prairie might be just what I need. Your post reminded me about the realities of Alberta this time of the year. I think I will wait for Freeze Up to visit.

I think most of us are learning, Hanging seems to bee an ongoing experiment for a lot of us. Not like tent camping, where you learn to erect your tent and that is the end of the learning curve. Hammocks have a lot of options. What I have found is the wonderful fact that I must try something to see if it will work for me. I can not read the propaganda and know if the item is for me. I have to test it out in real life situations. I fought with pads in the beginning. I just recently gave mine up. Well sort of, I bought a shorty pad for my feet, thinking I would use it as a sit pad. Well, I took a serious fall, dislocated my knee and damaged my elbow. I am not young and I do not jump up off the ground anymore. The shorty pad under my shoulders enabled me to scoot onit to a place where I could get myself up right.

My shorty pad is something I now consider multi use. I also put it under my shoulders when I had a problem with the suspension of my UQ in the middle of the night.

I bet most members of HF like to be experimenting and learning, I do not think we are the get one set up and stay with it, no changes. Nope I think experimenting and learning is what we have in common. Hammocks just bring us together for our common interest, but experimenting is the adhesive.

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Gee, I was just starting to miss Alberta, I was thinking about a trip to Edmonton and Grand Prairie might be just what I need. Your post reminded me about the realities of Alberta this time of the year. I think I will wait for Freeze Up to visit.

I think most of us are learning, Hanging seems to bee an ongoing experiment for a lot of us. Not like tent camping, where you learn to erect your tent and that is the end of the learning curve. Hammocks have a lot of options. What I have found is the wonderful fact that I must try something to see if it will work for me. I can not read the propaganda and know if the item is for me. I have to test it out in real life situations. I fought with pads in the beginning. I just recently gave mine up. Well sort of, I bought a shorty pad for my feet, thinking I would use it as a sit pad. Well, I took a serious fall, dislocated my knee and damaged my elbow. I am not young and I do not jump up off the ground anymore. The shorty pad under my shoulders enabled me to scoot onit to a place where I could get myself up right.

My shorty pad is something I now consider multi use. I also put it under my shoulders when I had a problem with the suspension of my UQ in the middle of the night.

I bet most members of HF like to be experimenting and learning, I do not think we are the get one set up and stay with it, no changes. Nope I think experimenting and learning is what we have in common. Hammocks just bring us together for our common interest, but experimenting is the adhesive.
    you might not have wait to long for freeze up ironfish,we have snow forecast for Monday ,love Grand Prairie my inlaws live up there,i have done a lot of hunting and fishing up there over the years ,

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12