WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

2014 Fall MAHHA Pine Grove Furnace "trip" report

Cold and rainy, then cold, then sunny and pretty much not cold, then cold again--really not bad for October. My first group gathering. Good bunch of folks one and all. Learned useful things first-hand. Stayed dry and mostly warm Friday night; stayed dry (no rain, not an issue) and mostly warm Saturday night. Little Dutch gizmo that clips UQ came off foot end so had issues keeping the UQ in the right place; even with slippy UQ still stayed amazingly warm despite temps down to 37F (as of exit Sunday AM at 8:05 AM). Great breakfast Saturday AM and huge great dinner Saturday evening. Won me a titanium spoon in the incredible raffle (wow!). Some photos:

IMG_1400.jpgIMG_1399.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1405.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1407.jpg

I look forward to the group shot and other reports. Hail the organizers. Next year I'll have to get better earplugs or hang someplace beyond snore range (I'm sure I contributed to the symphony....)
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Had a great weekend. Arrived Friday afternoon and set up and started dinner(chicken in the dutch oven). After dinner headed down to the group fire where we found out that Dutch has a very thorough dentist. We sat around the fire until the rain started and then headed to bed. Sat morning up early and headed to the pavilion to start helping with breakfast. Spent the rest of the day wandering around checking out all the different setups. Dinner was great and thanks to all the vendors that donated to the raffle I now have a brand new superfly on order and will soon have the dutch bling to go with it.

Again thanks to all the people who put in the time and effort to put on a wonderful weekend.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I Challange anyone to find a better group of people anywhere, it's not gonna happen, had a great time even though we were either cold or wet or both most of the time, it was still a blast.
    Got to meet a bunch of folks i did not know and got to spend time with some folks that we did know,, very happy to see everyone.
    Would like to thank all the venders for thier donations, and an extra thanks for those who could not make it but still sent donations.
    We are hoping they make the next one, they were missed ( Donna n Tim from 2QZQ and Papa Smurf from Dream hammocks ,, and Kyle from Ripstopbytheroll) just to mention a few.
    Also would like to give a special thanks th Donna from 2Q,allthough she was not there she was still involved behind the scences and was a BIG pat of making this hang work, i must have heard - where's Tim and Donna atleast a dozen times over the weekend.

Looking foward to seeing everyone in the spring!!!

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    I agree with all the above!! Pics coming tomorrow, but still reveling in what a great time we had!

Fun seeing everyone!

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njredneck View Post
    Had a great weekend. Arrived Friday afternoon and set up and started dinner(chicken in the dutch oven). After dinner headed down to the group fire where we found out that Dutch has a very thorough dentist. We sat around the fire until the rain started and then headed to bed. Sat morning up early and headed to the pavilion to start helping with breakfast. Spent the rest of the day wandering around checking out all the different setups. Dinner was great and thanks to all the vendors that donated to the raffle I now have a brand new superfly on order and will soon have the dutch bling to go with it.

Again thanks to all the people who put in the time and effort to put on a wonderful weekend.
    Any NJRedneck made his world famous, mostly in South Jersey Pines, sausage gravy. Yum...
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    2014FALL MAHHA 018.jpg

Here is Njredneck and his friend and Dutch checking out Dream Hammocks new 72 in wide Hyper d Thunderbird at Mahha

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    2014FALL MAHHA 020.jpg

Here is Dutch getting into The Tbird that Papa Smurf sent as a donation to the fall Mahha.
    A note to the winner of this beautiful hammock --Dutch was NOT allowed nor did he take his pee bag with him into this hammock !

2014FALL MAHHA 008.jpg 2014FALL MAHHA 007.jpg
    These 2 tarps were custom made for us and this was the first time we used them, alot of rain and we were both bone dry underneath them.
    A big hats off to member Squidbilly for the awesome job and top shelf craftsman ship on making us these beautiful tarps,,, thanks
    Last edited by Zilla; 10-13-2014 at 21:10.

So 100+ hangers and two days later and only 7 replies to this trip report? Really? This was MAHHA correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cinema View Post
    Cold and rainy, then cold, then sunny and pretty much not cold, then cold again--really not bad for October. My first group gathering. Good bunch of folks one and all. Learned useful things first-hand. Stayed dry and mostly warm Friday night; stayed dry (no rain, not an issue) and mostly warm Saturday night. Little Dutch gizmo that clips UQ came off foot end so had issues keeping the UQ in the right place; even with slippy UQ still stayed amazingly warm despite temps down to 37F (as of exit Sunday AM at 8:05 AM). Great breakfast Saturday AM and huge great dinner Saturday evening. Won me a titanium spoon in the incredible raffle (wow!). Some photos:

IMG_1400.jpgIMG_1399.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1405.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1407.jpg

I look forward to the group shot and other reports. Hail the organizers. Next year I'll have to get better earplugs or hang someplace beyond snore range (I'm sure I contributed to the symphony....)
    Great pics!! That's my arm shaking Dutch's hand and meeting Adam lol! Thanks for catching that moment.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast