Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ New River/PLUQ
    Suspension
    DYI Straps/Woopies
    I using an Arrowhead KAQ 3 season Jarbidge under quilt and it's fit and insulation is great.
    I'm using a homemade top quilt that's made from a cheap but warm sleeping bag.
    The hammock is a bunched end table cloth at the proper hanging angle.

Yeah, I'm soon to be 50, and an aging prostate would be understandable if it was all the time, but this is a hammock only issue and I know I'm not the only person with the problem.

I enjoy sleeping in a hammock but I think I'm going to have to go back to a flat bed again. My old mattress was 20 plus years old and I didn't sleep well at home, and that was the reason for the inside hammock in the first place, but in the last two weeks I have been in 4 different hotels and slept great in them and only one night did I get up once to pee. And there was two beers while watching television to blame for that one.
    No man is an island. Except the Isle of Man.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paper View Post
    There's my issue also.. I've been sleeping in a indoor hammock for 6 months and my issue is waking to urinate every 3 hours or less.. I travel for work and sleep in hotels and I'd say less than half of the time I sleep in a bed do I wake up once during the night, and that's usually only if I've had a beer.

Hammock - 2-3 hours and I'll be up to pee (but I fall asleep quickly)

Bed - I'll get up once, less than half the time.

I don't know if it's the ability to sprawl out on a bed?? But I know there's a difference. Any thoughts??
    These explanations sound logical to me: http://theultimatehang.com/2014/01/h...-make-you-pee/

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Your legs are elevated, the blood flows back towards your torso, increases hydrostatic pressure so your kidneys get the clue to process and reduce fluid levels as it were. Not long before the bladder alerts you to the situation. If you elevated the foot of your bed, results would be similar.

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    i setup my hammock ion my yard and tried to sleep in it to acclimate myself to it. i could NOT crash. don't know why, just couldn't get to sleep. the first night i put the hammock indoors on anchors in the bedroom (for two of us) we slept all through the night, woke up invigorated, and proclaimed immediately that we were tossing out all the mattresses in the house. the issues i was having outside is i live in town, my neighbors let their 4-6 dogs (the little rat sized kind) out all through the night and those little buggers are yappy to get back inside. raise the foot end, ensure you have a 30(ish?) degree suspension angle (or a structural ridgeline that keeps the 'perfect sag' would be better), lay on a diagonal, and drink a cup of drink sleepytime tea. when you wake up you'll be amazed at how great you feel. matter of fact, i slept on a bed for two hours (not really sure how that happened) this morning, i woke up about an hour ago and im STILL in back/neck/shoulder pain.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    Lower the head end or raise the feet end. That's the way I like it.

It may take a few nights to get adjusted. Or you are just not tired enough

Hike 15 miles then setup hammock and see how fast you sleep.
    Plus one on that! when my hammock is level I slide into a ball at the foot of the hammock. I sleep in it at home and was not totally satisfied so I raised the foot end a couple inches and went from unsatisfied to blissful sleep.

Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    update: i have huge insomnia issues, and the hammock helped with them dramatically. until about a week ago. there are some herbals that i used, my doctor suggested, to assist in my sleeping like a normal human (with dramatic effectiveness). i have lost contact with my supplier, and am unable to reconnect with a new one. [that totally sounds like cannabis, but thats not it. speak with a sleep professional, they'll clue you in] i tried gorging my fatkid tendencies just before bedtime and double servings of sleepytime tea, yet i have been unable to get a good nights rest. not on the couch, not on the spare bed, not in the hammock, not at all. sleep comes fitfully and for nowhere near long enough. so, to the forums i went, and some of you (thank you thank you thank you) said raise the feet end/lower the head end. i did that and i slept, but i woke up with weirdness in my neck. the pillow i was originally using, that allowed the first 'true sleep' since childhood, found a heat source and lost structural integrity (read: melted away like crayons left in the summer sun). so, i measured the circle at the bottom and added a lil and sewed one up. easy peasy. i think i made it too big, so i thinned it out a little bit today and napped on it and BAM champion naptime. i'll update with measurements in the morning to see if the size/fill makes a difference.
    J. Garcia
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Quote Originally Posted by Theguywitheyebrows View Post
    update: i have huge insomnia issues, and the hammock helped with them dramatically. until about a week ago. there are some herbals that i used, my doctor suggested, to assist in my sleeping like a normal human (with dramatic effectiveness). i have lost contact with my supplier, and am unable to reconnect with a new one. [that totally sounds like cannabis, but thats not it. speak with a sleep professional, they'll clue you in] i tried gorging my fatkid tendencies just before bedtime and double servings of sleepytime tea, yet i have been unable to get a good nights rest. not on the couch, not on the spare bed, not in the hammock, not at all. sleep comes fitfully and for nowhere near long enough. so, to the forums i went, and some of you (thank you thank you thank you) said raise the feet end/lower the head end. i did that and i slept, but i woke up with weirdness in my neck. the pillow i was originally using, that allowed the first 'true sleep' since childhood, found a heat source and lost structural integrity (read: melted away like crayons left in the summer sun). so, i measured the circle at the bottom and added a lil and sewed one up. easy peasy. i think i made it too big, so i thinned it out a little bit today and napped on it and BAM champion naptime. i'll update with measurements in the morning to see if the size/fill makes a difference.
    I wish you luck, folks who have never had problems sleeping cant fully understand how profoundly it can effect your life. I like you have struggled since childhood with this problem and believe it or not my accidental finding of hammocks was the best answer I have ever found. I still don't sleep like nature intended but I fell asleep faster in a hammock almost from the start once I figured out how to hang it. after that came learning to hang the foot end a little higher than the head. I have been back in the bed for 2 or 3 months until a couple of nights ago and like our norse friend I am having to readjust to the hammock, which brings us back to the thread.
    Norse, If you are still trying I would just parrot the others by saying just keep trying. it took me quite awhile to get everything dialed in and then after changing anything it would take more tweaking. I think once you get it down and your body used to it you will be fine.
    I have to agree with Surfer in that if you can sleep on your back I would. I started out sleeping on my back and I am trying to re-learn that skill, I think you breath easier on your back or something because I woke up better rested it seems when sleeping on my back.
    as for the 10 footer maybe more sag??
    hope it all comes together for you.

creek

Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    no luck with the raised foot end and the smaller pillow. also with the sleepytime extra (with the addition of valerian), still no hammock sleep. lots of body pains today.
    J. Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Theguywitheyebrows View Post
    no luck with the raised foot end and the smaller pillow. also with the sleepytime extra (with the addition of valerian), still no hammock sleep. lots of body pains today.
    the pain is surprising to me, I have damaged all my joints and unless I sleep with my hanging out of the hammock I never have the pain I have in a bed.

Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old creek View Post
    the pain is surprising to me, I have damaged all my joints and unless I sleep with my hanging out of the hammock I never have the pain I have in a bed.
    no hammock sleep, the pain came from couch sleeping /:
    J. Garcia

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast