Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps

Nothing For Sale here - Deleting of Posts in For Sale Listings

I've read the rules, drawing attention to this one:

6. No off topic discussions are allowed in FS or WTB threads. Off topic discussion will be deleted at the moderators discretion.

On several occasions, when I see an item for sale that I've used/had a good experience with, I will make such a comment in support of the product. On each of those occasions, it seems that my post becomes fodder for vaporization. My posts are made with the intent of sharing information, never bashing, price policing or anything else that is anti-community. I spend a lot of time on this forum, and several others, on two of which I'm actually a moderator.

I do not see how identifying a product as quality based on ones experience falls into the off topic discussion so as to be deleted at moderators discretion.

Moderators, feel free to delete this at your discretion.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Not sure about other forums, but in this forum they have a lot to go thru. Especially the fs/ft/wtb stuff. It just keeps it to a minimum. It also stops the thread from getting out of hand. I have seen some go whirly even if ment well.

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    Well... *this* post is certainly destined for deletion, since it totally violates the rules inasmuch as there's nothing for sale. However, I have to say... I've noticed that comments in support of items for sale tend to get deleted by over-zealous mods, and I don't know why. I only notice it because I subscribe to this particular forum/thread via tapatalk, and I see posts deleted. I really don't get why... if someone posts a Super Green-Bean hammock for $37.50 and Shug says "whoooo buddy, that's a great price for a Green Bean!", does that REALLY take away from this forum?

Chillax, mods, and hang in there.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Here's a prior thread that may shed some light on FS forum post deletions.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1283315

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Now what if it was a product I had used and did not have a good experience with? What if I piped up, in someone else's FS thread, and said, "This product is crap and nobody should even consider buying it?" What if I rephrased OP's argument: I do not see how identifying a product as crap based on one's experience falls into the off-topic discussion so as to be deleted at moderator's discretion.

Fan Boy and Hater comments should not be allowed in FS threads - period. Stick to the transaction at hand.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Fan boy and Hater? You have a strange social media lexicon. Thanks for your input.

Edit: Your brash posting as if what you say is fact and all other points are fiction, with the emphasis of PERIOD, really makes me want to believe you as the supreme authority. But I won't.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Thanks to gmcttr for posting the link to the prior thread. Out of respect for the mods, I have read it through, and I agree with the policy that off-topic posts should not clog FS threads.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I 100% support the policy of removing off topic conversations from the FS/FT/PIF sections. Be they good comments or bad comments about the product I would much prefer the comments not be posted with the topics staying on direction of FS and "I got it" answers.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    The only reason I comment on a for sale item is to give the post a bump if it looks like something good and in need of a bump. If the post gets deleted later I probably do not even notice. ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    The only reason I comment on a for sale item is to give the post a bump if it looks like something good and in need of a bump. If the post gets deleted later I probably do not even notice. ;-)
    Although this sounds innocent enough when hundreds do it in a matter of a month or two it creates a ton of extra work for the mods.
    Very few posts get one button deleted into never never land. Odds are if you posted it it's still here even if you have lost access to it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast