Wilderness Logics Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Warm Stuff
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Pinballwizard is an able fill-in. Unlike silentorpheus and I, he actually knows the lyrics to songs!
    Excellent!
    Don't worry Wilson, I'll do all the paddling. You just hang on! ~Chuck Noland

Now you done gone and got yourself a hammock, and you done opened that can of worms ~Shug

https://www.flickr.com/photos/846015...7645237639565/

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    We probably need a better plan if we're going to pay for all attendees. If everyone who reserved a site paid for two people, then we've paid for 26 people,and we need to add 16 more. I'll add four to mine, so we just need 3 more volunteers to add four to theirs (NJ resident preferred).
    Never mind. Looks like we are covered with reservations.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Envy-S
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Monster
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Customs
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Doing some cold weather testing on the new Envy-S prototype I'll be bring this weekend (it doesn't really need tested just a good reason to sleep outside), but I couldn't wait till this weekend

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    It'll be great to see ya Meckie! Will you be the only Meck attending?

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Did anyone lose a folding camp stool at a Stokes hang? I have it and will bring it with me.

Also, I missed this one last year, but there was talk about playing a RPG. Did anyone play? Any interest again this year? I'd be in?

I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I can arrive mid-day. I still need to pack and go shopping (still don't know what I'm cooking, but since Cranky Bear is coming, maybe I'll make campfire fish again - without the soy bacon this time).
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1/R.R.
    Tarp
    UGQ Custom/13ft WD
    Insulation
    UGQ RENEGADE/ZEPP
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutch
    Images
    I preferred Liz Frank - sounded like some female indy rocker!
    Thats strange i only herd the doctor use the proper term for it.The rest all said Liz Frank (does have a ring)

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    In case anyone cares I will be there around 3-4 depending on how much I have left to get ready and traffic going though Philly.

Images

HELP

i need somebody to transferr site 12 to. if not site 12 will be closed to us.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    I can't wait to hear this...
    Ok, I'm not going to wait until Saturday so you get to read it now. I don't know how this spiraled out of control:

When we first started having the hang, Reserve America was not used in NJ. We had an understanding with the rangers that we would basically put a down payment on the reservation for the weekend, collect from those that came, and drop the money off on Sunday. It worked well and we didn't have to worry about people paying and not being able to show. The rangers use to come out and check on us because they thought we were nuts. Now they know we leave the camp cleaner than it was when we got there.

Then someone in the state who got a kickback(no proof, put on your tinfoil hat) brought in Reserve America. Once they came in and split the camp into actual sites, we had to start reserving ALL the sites if we wanted to make sure we had enough room. The rangers were nice enough to let Karl pick up all the reservations instead of having each person go get their own. They also told us to just reserve 2 people and 2 cars per site. They knew we would have more but we were an easy weekend for the rangers. They are understaffed and overworked. We also go out into the woods and pull out trash and dispose of it.

So, this year, we follow the same rules and everything is looking good but people kept calling the ranger station trying to reserve what was already reserved and now they are making each person who made a reservation pick it up.

I understand people wanting to help and I do appreciate it. I also understand the normal way the reservations work is slightly different for us. Perks of being really nice people.

We have supplies that have been donated over the years, bowls, plastic-ware, tickets etc. I will look tonight what we have and post it here.

Also, you changed the payment from $5 a night to $10 for the weekend? I'm lost on that one.
    Last edited by Iafte; 01-22-2015 at 11:14. Reason: I speak good english
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    Three items:

I have site 8 reserved, won't be making it to the site until after 4pm tomorrow (ETA is around 6pm). I have a PDF of the reservation detail from the website, just need to know who I should PM or email it to. As a follow up, on Sat will I need to drive to the ranger station to pickup the site permit? Also, both vehicles for the site have been claimed, do I need to provide plate info along w/ the PDF or can I write it in when I get there tmw?

For food offering was thinking about doing something for lunch on Sat (Chicken & Bacon w/ Cheddar dumplings) since there's so much being made for dinner, and also I'd need to borrow someone's propane setup for a stock pot or two though (another reason for lunch instead of dinner, in that all stoves will presumably be in use). I recall several being setup last year, just want to ask if anyone thinks it would be an issue before assuming it'll be okay.

Lastly, SS I have at least one or two things I can donate to the raffle, think it's a great idea and I'm indifferent if proceeds go to reimburse costs, charity, or are rolled into next year's outing.

Sucks that the forecast for Sat looks to have turned from rain to snow back to rain, but still excited to get down and hang!
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

• + New Posts
  • Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast