One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by goetzc View Post
    Does the external pole mod touching the ridge-line cause any concerns/problems?

I've not done a pole mod yet, but I've experienced situations where items touching the tarp can cause some seemage issues.
    If I remember right, the piles aren't contacting the the tarp's ridge line, just the lash-it CRL.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Congrats on the new tarp---great job!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

if you use shock chord at the last 12" or so of your tie outs and stretch it an extra 2-3 inches your tarp will hold tension. I don't have much experience with cuben tarps, but the principle will work with any tarp (possible changes in length of the shock cord might be needed for really stretchy fabric though).

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Great tarp, I am most jealous. I am just finishing up a Gargoyle Tarp, it was pleasing to me until I put the Gross Grain Ribbon on, the tie outs do not suit me, now I lost two of my D rings. I forgot to add the reinforcements and some other finishing touches. Not pleased with myself. I hate having two or three weeks go by before I am able to work on my project. I tend to forget where I was in the cycle of creating. I am going to start leaving myself notes, so I will remember the plan, before I start sewing. The positive part is if anyone helps theirself to my tarp I will be able to identify it LOL

I love your tarp, top rate workmanship.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Great tarp, I am most jealous. I am just finishing up a Gargoyle Tarp, it was pleasing to me until I put the Gross Grain Ribbon on, the tie outs do not suit me, now I lost two of my D rings. I forgot to add the reinforcements and some other finishing touches. Not pleased with myself. I hate having two or three weeks go by before I am able to work on my project. I tend to forget where I was in the cycle of creating. I am going to start leaving myself notes, so I will remember the plan, before I start sewing. The positive part is if anyone helps theirself to my tarp I will be able to identify it LOL

I love your tarp, top rate workmanship.
    On the tarp before this one, I was going to put D rings on all the tie outs, but forgot until I had one or two done. The positive thing about that mistake was realizing I really only want/need them on the ridge line.

Thanks, I found that just because I'm working on a straight stitch machine doesn't mean I can stitch straight. So, just don't look too close.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft, wide
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    LLCayenne/Jalapeno
    Suspension
    webbing j-bend
    gorgeous!! absolutely love it. well done!!
    hang well

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234