Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: well I did it

well I did it

I just ordered the Speer 8.0A hammock setup without the tarp.
    I will use my SG 9x9 tarp.
    I talked to Ed about the problems I had with the pads slipping out the foot end of the hammock. He told me to try the mesh shelf liner used in kitchen cabinets. Luckily I have some at home. I have used them in my tarptent when my pads slide. Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Congrats Ewker. I hope to meet you out there on one of the upcoming trips.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I just ordered the Speer 8.0A hammock setup without the tarp.
    I will use my SG 9x9 tarp.
    I talked to Ed about the problems I had with the pads slipping out the foot end of the hammock. He told me to try the mesh shelf liner used in kitchen cabinets. Luckily I have some at home. I have used them in my tarptent when my pads slide. Not sure why I didn't think of that.
    Congrats Ewker. See, doesn't it feel better when you just give in to the hammock? You know it's been calling your name. Hope to see you on a future SEHHA hangout (http://www.hammockcamping.com/Assets...ringsJun07.htm) or other event. I'm hoping to go to one of Neo's hangouts this later on this year if I can get the time off for it from work. I'm only about 3 1/2 hrs from Nashville, the same amount of time it takes me to get to Hot Springs.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

NCPatrick and Hooch, hopefully we can do something at RRG or the Smokies. I will go to Neo's event when he has it. He has a lot going on right now.

I am planning ongoing to the SEHHA in June unless a backpacking trip pops up. I am more of a backpacker than just going to base camp for a few days..to much to see out there

I know for sure I will be at Trail Days but I may be tenting. It is would be hard to put 2 people in one hammock

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Hurray for you Ewker! Congrats!
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I am planning ongoing to the SEHHA in June unless a backpacking trip pops up.
    Ewker, I'm going to be at the SEHHA June Hangout, but will be section hiking on the AT the 5 days or so before that. A friend and I are hiking from the I-40 crossing to Hot Springs. We should arrive in Hot Springs on Friday June 8th. You're welcome to come along on the hike if you'd like to join us.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Ewker, I'm going to be at the SEHHA June Hangout, but will be section hiking on the AT the 5 days or so before that. A friend and I are hiking from the I-40 crossing to Hot Springs. We should arrive in Hot Springs on Friday June 8th. You're welcome to come along on the hike if you'd like to join us.

That was suppose to be my Christmas trip last yr but plans got screwed up to something else then that fell thru

I would like to go but I can't get off that many days. I have to save my vacation days now for a 7 day backpacking trip in the Canadian Rockies.

thanks HeadChange 4U

Images
    Was there any real doubt? We knew you would come to the hanging side.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    That was suppose to be my Christmas trip last yr but plans got screwed up to something else then that fell thru

I would like to go but I can't get off that many days. I have to save my vacation days now for a 7 day backpacking trip in the Canadian Rockies.

thanks HeadChange 4U
    Sorry you can't make it HC, bummer. As far as I'm concerned, you've got a standing invitation with me for any backpacking/camping trip I go on. As far as that goes, so does anyone else here.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    Was there any real doubt? We knew you would come to the hanging side.
    I knew pretty quick that he was going to cross over to the hanging side. It was just a matter of time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast