warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies

threads being closed at "mods" discresion

I have a hard time understanding how some threads get closed after little posting, and some seem to run on forever?? we have all seen the "this tread has run its course, closed"....... I for one think its an injustice to this forum, weather its a plug for a vendor, a complaint against a vendor, or even a simple this is how it should be done instead of your way, or any other sort of situation.... It seems to me that certain people are taking sides and making sure threads don't continue?? am I way out of the ball field on this or any1 agree??

I will ask with no disrespect for mods to not comment on this discussion
    Last edited by gnar; 10-19-2014 at 20:06.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gnar View Post
    ...I will ask with no disrespect for mods to not comment on this discussion...
    It seems like an explaination from the mods would be most appropriate. Why are you asking them to Not comment?
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    It seems like an explaination from the mods would be most appropriate. Why are you asking them to Not comment?
    asking for non biased opinion, they are the ones with the power to close or keep open a thread. It would kind of be like asking a law maker why he thinks something should be a law that he voted on being a law, of course he would give his opinion on why, but would the majority agree with him/her?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That makes no sense. The mods are the ones closing the threads, and you don't want their input?

I personally have no problem whatsoever with the jobs the mods are doing. I think they're doing a great job and have very good instincts on when a thread is going nowhere fast and should be closed.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    That makes no sense. The mods are the ones closing the threads, and you don't want their input?

I personally have no problem whatsoever with the jobs the mods are doing. I think they're doing a great job and have very good instincts on when a thread is going nowhere fast and should be closed.
    I can see where this might not make sense to a lot of us, see my above post, hope that makes sense to you??

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    And no offense to you personally, gnar, but there are some people (one in particular) who have little to no input on this forum other than to imply that the mods aren't doing their jobs. I like to call them "wannabe" mods.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I have a hard time understanding how some threads get closed after little posting, and some seem to run on forever?? we have all seen the "this tread has run its course, closed"....... I for one think its an injustice to this forum, weather its a plug for a vendor, a complaint against a vendor, or even a simple this is how it should be done instead of your way, or any other sort of situation.... It seems to me that certain people are taking sides and making sure threads don't continue?? am I way out of the ball field on this or any1 agree??

My opinion - I think they do an excellent job. They've managed to keep the site civil & friendly year after year after year, which I believe they've done by enforcing the Terms of Service. That means little to no political, religious, and firearm related posts.
    They've also eliminated posts in the For Sale section that are off topic "No off topic discussions are allowed in FS or WTB threads. Off topic discussion will be deleted at the moderators discretion."

Maybe you could point us to the TOS item you disagree with them enforcing?

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    And no offense to you personally, gnar, but there are some people (one in particular) who have little to no input on this forum other than to imply that the mods aren't doing their jobs. I like to call them "wannabe" mods.
    I certainly hope Im not who your talking about? cause most generally I like to share input on cool hammock gear and so on, this might have got out of hand way faster than I intended (never wanted it to get out of hand) like I said in the OP "am I way out of the ball park" maybe so?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Some people just have an issue with authority figures - the lack of empathy for authority figures leads me to believe they have never been authority figures - the whole "it's not fair" argument of perpetual victims. I've been an authority figure in my personal life (father, coach, scout leader) and in my professional life. While I value input, sometimes you just have to say, "This ain't no democracy."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I certainly hope Im not who your talking about? cause most generally I like to share input on cool hammock gear and so on, this might have got out of hand way faster than I intended (never wanted it to get out of hand) like I said in the OP "am I way out of the ball park" maybe so?
    No, I was trying to make the point that you were not who I was talking about - more a type of person who has a problem with authority.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast