Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kathmorgan12 View Post
    You just gave me an excellent idea to work on as well. The use of a fleece or flannel fabric may be good but I think there's the weight issues to work on. Tafetta is a good option though.
    Yeah, I wouldn't use flannel or fleece in a hammock I was packing into the woods, but the OP was talking about an indoor hammock.
    Good luck with your idea. Be sure to come back and share it with us all.
    The meaning of Life is to live it

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I have a ENO DN I recently hung in my bedroom as well. For now, I'm using my HG Incubator 20 as an UQ and a nice fleece from Bed Bath and Beyond as a TQ. It's very cozy. I'm thinking of getting another fleece as a UQ though. For indoor use, the hammock needs to be structurally sound, but you can get pretty creative with UQ and TQ for winter. When summer rolls around, I doubt I'll use anything at all.

Hammock
    DreamHammock!
    Tarp
    DDXL/OESUltra
    Suspension
    AWS!!
    you could use binder clips to hold the softer material to the DN too in areas well away from where your body is.
    You don't HAVE TO be crazy to be here - But I assure you it will help.....

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Simply make a double layer hammock with the outside layer being ripstop nylon/polyester and the inside being your fabric of choice.

As the OP said "without Underquilt" and "indoors" so simple solution as some said here use the taffeta you ordered with fleece/flannel linung the inside. See along the sides to keep from shifting.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use a fleece UQ under my tablecloth full time hammock. Good to 68 or so. I use my JrB nest now for cooler temps.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    The Brazilians basically all sleep in hammocks every night they call them hedgies (sp?). The church I attend sends folks to Brazil throughout the year, almost everyone of them come back with a Brazilian style hedgie. They are what appears to be a cotton type fabric, the ones I've tried were very stretchy and in my opinion very comfortable. If I were an every night indoor hanger, that's what I sleep in.

David

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    As a full-timer, I agree with Bannerstone about cotton hammocks for indoors (gotta love the "hedgie"!), where weight & weather aren't issues. I don't care for the feel & static of poly if I'm not going to pack with it. Maybe look at an all-cotton tablecloth at tableclothsfactory.com for a super easy, no-sew, single-layer house hammock. It should be plenty strong enough, given its weight. I've just ordered one, thinking its smooth dense finish will feel nicer than the coarser fabric of my worn-out "real" Brazilian. A simple fleece UQ and a top cover should suffice even in a cold(ish) house, and fine in summer without the fleece.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
    As a full-timer, I agree with Bannerstone about cotton hammocks for indoors (gotta love the "hedgie"!), where weight & weather aren't issues. I don't care for the feel & static of poly if I'm not going to pack with it. Maybe look at an all-cotton tablecloth at tableclothsfactory.com for a super easy, no-sew, single-layer house hammock. It should be plenty strong enough, given its weight. I've just ordered one, thinking its smooth dense finish will feel nicer than the coarser fabric of my worn-out "real" Brazilian. A simple fleece UQ and a top cover should suffice even in a cold(ish) house, and fine in summer without the fleece.
    I am thinking I will do this and just run a light full length UQ and use a blanket for the top. I just need to decide what size to make the hammock. Table cloths are relativily cheap so I may try a few out and see which one I like.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Sounds like a good plan. The tablecloth is inexpensive when compared to buying 3-1/2 or 4 yards of wide fabric, and all the edges are already hemmed so it's a quick & easy project. If you do decide on a cotton one it's more expensive than the taffeta, but all their tablecloths go on sale very often at 20% off. I hope you'll be happy with your new set-up!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12