Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I got to see HE's red quilt today in the flesh when we met so I could pick up my down. It was really nice. Great workmanship. I had been thinking about using downproof DWR ripstop to make my quilt because of the cost of Momentum90, but after seeing and feeling the fabric I have decide that it's the way to go. Feels really nice. Thanks for the sample HE.

I also got to see my first Gearskin in the flesh today. I like it a lot.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Last night was my first using these. I used the red one inside and the grey outside. I definitly was very toasty. I ended up hanging the underquilt a little lower to let some air in and cool me off.

I am really happy with the way the down and mom90 worked out. I did not see any down, feathers, or anything in the hammock or on me in the morning. I also think this material is more durable than I first thought. My webbing still has some stretch left to it. I ended up rubbing on the ground a little a couple times and did not notice any wear signs on the quilt.

I decided to name this for obvious reasons and I like the place my Red River Gorge Quilt. I think I am starting to have DIY issues when I am naming things.

Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    HE... in the 1st picture, it looks like the ridge line is tied permanently to the hammock support on one end but tied separately to the tree on the other end.
    but in the 2nd pic, it seems to be attached to the hammock supports on both ends. is that an optical illusion???
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    It looks as though it is tied to the ring buckles. I think that is a good place to tie it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    HE... in the 1st picture, it looks like the ridge line is tied permanently to the hammock support on one end but tied separately to the tree on the other end.
    but in the 2nd pic, it seems to be attached to the hammock supports on both ends. is that an optical illusion???
    It's an optical thingy. All I did was remove the bugnetting. It must be the angle I was at.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    he, that looks awsome. nice to see a different color, i like). and your new bug netting, niiiice,
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Images
    I am almost done with writing the direction for my RRG quilt up. I should have it done sometime tonight.

I would like a couple of volunteers to read over it and give me some feedback before the final version gets put up. I would like to get someone who has not sewn a quilt yet to make sure I explained everything clearly, and someone who has sewn one that may have a better way explaining it.

PM me your email address and I will email out the MS Word version of it. The file is going to be 8-10 megs in size, so make sure your internet connection and email can handle it.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    You can send a copy to me if you like. You should still have my email, right?

RRG quilt, huh? I like the name.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    I thought you would like that name.

I'm going to stop with you then. That gives me 4 people. I don't want too many people finding my same mistakes.

Images
    PM sent. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hi all,

Just wondering if we ever got to a final version of these instructions?

I have some down on the way from the US and about to order momentum90 from Thru-hiker. There are a few (lots) of plans out there but this one looks really nice.

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    I am almost done with writing the direction for my RRG quilt up. I should have it done sometime tonight.

I would like a couple of volunteers to read over it and give me some feedback before the final version gets put up. I would like to get someone who has not sewn a quilt yet to make sure I explained everything clearly, and someone who has sewn one that may have a better way explaining it.

PM me your email address and I will email out the MS Word version of it. The file is going to be 8-10 megs in size, so make sure your internet connection and email can handle it.

Thanks.
    Normally a ground dweller but thought i would give this hammock stuff a try....

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast