Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Love my double ended stuff sacks. Helps keep the hammock and suspension together in one package. I have done the single stuff sack too without issue too. Just have an extra stuff sack floating around then. That gets a bit irritating. They are great for tarps too for the same reason.

The weight is under 1 ounce on all the ones I have. I can even change out the cord stop or just knot it if I think that is too heavy. . .does double duty as a rain diversion device then too.

Hammock
    HB Sky bed bug free
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Aerogel mat
    Suspension
    SRL with whoopies
    easy deploy, easy packup, no stuff sack floating about to get blown away - what's not to like?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    AHE New River UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/dutch
    I have one on both my hammocks and don't discount their use but admit that I haven't figured out the proper technique... need to take another look or find a video or description of how to best utilize one.

I will say that packing up a hammock setup for me at least is a lot faster than a tent - this weekend I was finally not the dad holding up the Scout troop!

Images
    I use them, and I like them. I'm just not married to the concept. I use it on my son's rig but not on mine. If they all suddenly disappeared, I'd be fine with another method.

Images
    I like the ability to stuff my whoopies inside at each end or wrap them around the bag on the outside.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    At this point I prefer double ended to snake skins or regular stuff sack. With snake skins, I seem to have to fuss too much to keep a bulge from forming in the middle. With a stuff sack, I often have to get most of the hammock out of the sack to find the ends - and there is the blowing away of the stuff sack already mentioned.

Mine are in double ended bags and hammocks have a different color AmSteel at the foot ends sticking out a bit. I put the Python straps on the tree, estimate a loop to clip the carabiner to and start pulling the hammock out while walking toward the other strap. Once clipped at both ends, I make decisions on various adjustments. I can see how I can stuff the hammock in a sack while still keeping one end on suspension - so I don't have to hold the whole hammock off the ground at once. And I do have a few that have the stuff sack sown to the middle edge of the hammock- that prevents bag loss.

It just seems easier for me to clip and pull. A hammock in a stuff sack seems to come out all at once (and drop on the ground).

For tarps, after trying unsuccessfully to put one up (with poles, not trees, as support) in high wind, I can appreciate the use of snake skins to get the tarp up and ridge line secure, then pull the skins back. However, I keep figure-9's on the d-rings/guy tie out at the tarp and am afraid they will catch/tear the light skin material. And I can see one might have to pay attention to folding the tarp several times, so it is long and skinny along the ridge line, before pulling the skins on.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 11-11-2014 at 19:48.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Funny I found this thread just now. I had the day off and threw this idea together. Its a double ended stuff sack with a drawstring divider closer to one end with a shock cord tied off. I have rap rings on my rig, so the one on the head end fits through the divider. Suspension and straps stay in one end, hammock and other suspension in the other. Just an idea. Gram weenies take a deep breath and have a seat! Its okay!

I like it. I keep one end completely cinched at the foot end of my hammock. It fits my hammock and bugnet so I can deploy them as one and never have to remove the bugnet. I use a sock style bugnet so it's nice to have that bag at the foot of my hammock that I can use to stow away the bugnet if I dont want it deployed. I've never had any issues with it being more difficult to stuff, if anything it keeps my hammock cleaner by forcing me to keep it off the ground when stuffing it.

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    like ithers stated, keeps the rig off the ground, easier to deploy, take down...... I will always hook up 1 end then just open the other enough to pull hammock out with some resistance and everything just falls into place but off the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incu/Burrow 20
    Suspension
    Anchor/Speed Hooks
    I like the double-ended stuff sack, but I don't really use both ends. I have one end of the stuff sack permanently cinched and tied around the continuous loop at the foot end of my hammock (and removed the unnecessary cord lock) so that the continuous loop is the only thing exiting this end of the stuff sack. When I deploy the hammock, I attach the head end continuous loop to the suspension, loosen the cinch, and walk the hammock to the other side of my suspension to attach the foot end continuous loop. The stuff sack stays permanently attached around the foot end continuous loop. Packing is the opposite of deployment - I just detach the foot end continuous loop and stuff the hammock as I walk toward the head end. Not sure if this is how it was intended, or if everyone uses them this way, but it works well for me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast