Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    i saw rockstars hammock and from what i can tell..it is a quality piece of gear..i am still very married to my HH..but i must admit i have been thinkin of a eno withgear as a smaller lighter set for trail use..so my advice is this..go with the eno..if in time you find it dosent fill your needs then upgrade to a HH..just my 2 cents worth..
    oh and welcome to the forum

Well, I ordered my very first hammock!

I was pretty much sold on the ENO DoubleNest - even started the actual order process. I backed out at the last second due to an almost 20% shipping charge for crappy UPS Ground. I may come back to them if the other doesn't work out, but....

The Travel Hammock looks almost identical, right down to the specs and the little side pocket. $5.95 2-3 day shipping, 10 year warranty (useful?), and the ropes to hang it, which the ENO did not include, and a couple ounces lighter. It's just flat out a better deal - we'll see if there's a reason when I check out the quality.

I never did find much feedback on the Traveler. A few posts around and all were relatively positive. It seems there just isn't much experience with them, not necessarily that they are bad. This is just a starter anyway - how bad can it be?

Mini-rant: Why do companies inflate shipping? It comes across as greedy! I'd be much happier to pay an extra $5 or $10 for the product if that's what it costs. Passing it on to shipping just looks lame. It's all the same in the end, but one way leaves a bad taste in the buyer's mouth. My 2 cents, at least.

Thanks for all the help! I'll report back in a couple days when it arrives!

-Curt

Images
    It is not necessarily the company inflating the shipping. They try to keep things general, and so sometimes the shipping will be a good deal, but other times it will just plain suck. For UPS the minimum shipping charge is $8, so a lot of times you will order something small, they will have only UPS, and now shipping cost more than the item.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Cheaper isn't always better, bear that in mind. Example: my first wife.
    BAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. I'll drink to that! (Got one of those too).

I have no experience with Eno's (seen em' before but thats it). Do have experience with ex-wives so I thought I would contribute to the conversation. BD
    Last edited by Bird Dog; 04-25-2007 at 13:36.
    Just Jeff made me do it

Images
    As far as ENO's shipping goes, I put in an internet order for slap strap pros Monday night. They came in today. Fastest I ever got a package.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    As far as ENO's shipping goes, I put in an internet order for slap strap pros Monday night. They came in today. Fastest I ever got a package.
    That's great! I love it when that happens. I want to be clear that I didn't have a bad experience with ENO - they seem great - I just didn't want to spend double for shipping that would take a long time. I've had East Coast UPS Ground take 2+ weeks to get to me in the Northwest. Personal preference, that's all.

Curious how the Pros work - I'll likely be looking for a suspension system.

-Curt

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12