Hammock
    MYOG
    Tarp
    One that works

Speed hook impressions

Not sure if anything will top them as far as adjustable suspensions go and I thought the whoopie hooks were the end all. Weigh next to nothing and are easy to use once you learn how they work. You do have to make sure the loop is on right so they are not idiot proof. The hooks themselves hang on the amsteel almost to the point of being too tight and you really have to want to detach them. Any bouncing in the hammock didn't do much provided they had some load put on them first, so you can't set them and just dive in.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Just got mine, and I'm glad to see the hook connection is nice and snug. Also, it's good that they are cut from thicker stock and have better chamfered edges than some other ti hardware. Dutch has ingenuity as well as integrity going for him, so he gets my business. Plus, he's easy on the eyes.

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Dutch has ingenuity as well as integrity going for him, so he gets my business.
    I love speed hooks! And Dutch is a fair and equitable business man and also gives generously to the forums. When he first came out with Dutch clips he donated all the profits to HF. I believe it was thousands of dollars. I won't be getting titanium anywhere else.

Hammock
    Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Just got my Speed Hooks in mail this morning. I work second shift so when I got home lastnight from work I spliced my new CL and got them put on my hammock.
    got up this morning and slpiced my closed eye and cut the Amsteel to a lenght of 10'.
    I know that they can come with it and they are only 7 feet but I would hate to need a few more inchs and it not be there. The extra 6 feet total that I have to put in my pack is a great piece of mind for me when I get there.
    Also got the new G-clip and that is SWEET as well. I am using it with my 12' straps for now that I got with my Dutch Buckle's.
    Not sure yet on what finished lenght I want to use for the huggers but the webbing weight is not that bad for again the piece of mind that if needed I can reach out to trees farther apart.
    ones in my back yard are 22' between ever one.

Never had time to get pics of set up but I put it up in back yard just to give it a quick weight test and to get the larks heads all seated in.
    was very impressed with this setup over the whoopie sling and Dutch Buckle.
    both work very well and am looking forward to seeing how the Amsteel holds up to the bending around the speed hook when locked on.
    After only 10 mins or so hanging in it and adjusting it there was some signs of deforming of the rope. nothing to worry me but you sure could see where it had been weight loaded after moving it up or down the line.
    But we all know just how ugly our whoopies get at each end of the Bury.

Will try and set up tomorrow and get some close up pics of it and yes show off my new>>>>>>>> DUTCH BLING<<<<<<<<<<

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Got mine a few days ago. Love them. Has made my ridgerunner lighter and more compact. I did find they are kinda hard to adjust when under a slight load, but so were whoopie slings. I've found I have to hold most of the weight off the hook in order to re-hook the loop on the back side. Overall my new favorite. Planning on buy enough for all my hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps &amp; buckles
    Images
    Got my speed hooks last week! Had my first hang with them Tuesday night. They worked well. Easy to adjust, secure connection. I did not find them too difficult to detach from the continuous loops; just had to hit the right angle, then they came off easy. Very nice.

• + New Posts