We got back from a riverboat/kayak trip on the Rio Negro near Manaus Brazil about a month ago - here are some hammock-related photos.

While we slept in typical hammocks for the region while on the riverboat, we did spend one night off the boat and one of the guys brought his Hennessy.

I left mine at home - the Rio Negro doesn't support mosquitos so I knew that a sheet would be all I need - assuming it didn't rain. It didn't thank goodness.

There's a slide show here that y'all might enjoy, we've got a trip report going here and I'll put some pictures below.

BTW, the majority of the sleeping accomodations on the Amazon are in regional hammocks. Just about every riverboat may have a few cabins but most people simply hand a hammock. I'll include a picture of a typical riverboat where you can see an example of this.

Our camp site is straight ahead:

It's not much - but it was comfortable.

Paul's Hennessy:

The riverboat we rented for the week:

Set up for sleeping:

You can see the hammocks on this typcial riverboat:

In 2003, I traveled by riverboat from Belem to Manaus. That boat had three classes of travel: hammock without air conditioning, hammock with AC and small, tiny cabins. This picture is from that trip....