WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    No way would I even consider attaching my name to an order for materials intended to be sold for lawn or home pesticides.
    I might but I'm an aspiring arch criminal .
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Y'alls chirruns gon be borned nekkid.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    The group buy reference was for Sawyer (or similar) products that are marketed to be used on clothing. No way would I even consider attaching my name to an order for materials intended to be sold for lawn or home pesticides.
    I think that you would still need to be a registered pesticide dealer to buy and resell any pesticide. I would not do it via the public forum. If you and a buddy wanted to buy a six pack or what ever and split it via a PM then probable would not draw the attention of EPA. I was just commenting on what I know of the regulations from past pesticide training.

On another note the products that commercial pesticide applicators use may be "Restricted Use Pesticides" That would mean that a person would need to be certifided as an commercial or private applicator before you could purchase the product. I was looking at a permethrin product to spray trees for bagworms in June. The local coop did not have the formulation that was listed on the NeGuide publication on bagworms. However they did have a higher consentration of permethrin. However, it was a "Restricted Use Product". I had let my certification expire and so was not able to purchase the product. I could have had one of my farmer friends purchase the product for me. However, once again that is not legal. And I trained those farmers for certification for about 25 years.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    I think that you would still need to be a registered pesticide dealer to buy and resell any pesticide. I would not do it via the public forum. If you and a buddy wanted to buy a six pack or what ever and split it via a PM then probable would not draw the attention of EPA. I was just commenting on what I know of the regulations from past pesticide training.
    Good to know!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Y'alls chirruns gon be borned nekkid.
    Wait... my chirruns WAS borned nekkid -- and I bet yourn were too.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    I would imagine a great way to apply this concentrate is to place a gallon of water inside a bucket, add the 1 ounce of Permethrin, and dip your clothing making sure it gets saturated. I assume that 1 gallon of water would treat 3-4 pair of long pants and maybe a couple of shirts too. Air dry. I dont know if Permethrin is safe to handle at concentrate so wear gloves!
    I did have a lengthy conversation with a doctor of chemistry on a long flight from Boston to Phoenix. We talked of permethrin in detail, and he mentioned that it probably "wouldnt be safe to handle until it dries". Also to note is apparently it is the only insecticide that will kill scorpions, outside of direct application.
    That is my only concern so far as bugs.. bark scorpions will enter my home, sometimes but rarely a black widow will be spotted outside, and ive never seen a brown spider around but they're here too. For camping, no deer ticks and very few mosquitoes (usually) with an occasional swarm of black flies, noseeums. The only true pest or nuisance around here are roof rats, believe it or not...
    ASSUME NOTHING, find out what the proper concentration is that will leave the appropriate (read; not excessive) residual on the clothing. The whole debacle with chlordane being regarded unsafe was largely the result of seven buck/hr employees who couldn't cipher and sprayed a mix ten times the reccomended rate.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    ASSUME NOTHING, find out what the proper concentration is that will leave the appropriate (read; not excessive) residual on the clothing. The whole debacle with chlordane being regarded unsafe was largely the result of seven buck/hr employees who couldn't cipher and sprayed a mix ten times the reccomended rate.
    I can relate to that.
    We had a fair board secretary and grounds manager that got a container of chemical. If beleave it was sodium arsenate which is a herbicide that the school had that is used to control weeds under fences and like areas. The school grounds guy did not want to use it. Long story but it was given to the fair manager. He used it around building and fences on the fairgrounds. The problem was that he just put into a sprinkler can and placed it around some of the livestock buildings without mixing to the correct application rate. The label also had restrictions in using in areas with livestock. Less that two weeks later the spring livestock show was held at the fairgrounds. Cattle were tied to the outside of buildings and some fences on the grounds. Cattle liked the salty taste of the grass. Killed 13 head of show cattle and made others sick. I think that the fairboards insurance paid out about $23,000 in claims.

A good time was not had by all after that.

I will not tell you about the chlordane use at a camp around buildings.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12