Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps

Hammock Bliss Tarp - Opinions?

I have been looking at the mass amount of tarps available out there and am leaning toward the Hammock Bliss that I found on Amazon. At $58 it fits in my budget and the reviews I have found are solid. It's a good size at 10'4" x 6'4" and only 18oz which I know is "heavy" but pretty light at the price point. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0K9OSG/...=ISOJ95IP3MRL6

It's my first tarp so I know I'll upgrade in the future but should this be suitable as an entry level to last me a little while? Any other good options in this price range that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hammock
    HB Sky bed bug free
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Aerogel mat
    Suspension
    SRL with whoopies
    Dunno about the tarp. But my hammock is very good quality. Dov is also a great guy to deal with.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    It doesn't say what it's made of. My guess would be coated nylon, not silnylon, but I might be wrong. If it was my decision, I'd save up $30-$40 more and go for a small silnylon tarp. You might want to wait for the Black Friday sales. I can recommend the Warbonnet Edge tarp: small but still good coverage for three seasons (unless you go camping in rainstorms frequently). It's one of the cheapest silnylon tarps I have seen, but very good quality. If you add another $40-$50, you would have the full choice of fine silnylon tarps. And if you find the tarp not to your liking, it's very easy to re-sell with very little loss here. It's a different story for the cheaper and heavier tarps.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by razorguy View Post
    I have been looking at the mass amount of tarps available out there and am leaning toward the Hammock Bliss that I found on Amazon. At $58 it fits in my budget and the reviews I have found are solid. It's a good size at 10'4" x 6'4" and only 18oz which I know is "heavy" but pretty light at the price point. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0K9OSG/...=ISOJ95IP3MRL6

It's my first tarp so I know I'll upgrade in the future but should this be suitable as an entry level to last me a little while? Any other good options in this price range that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for your help and advice!
    Take a look at the 12 ft model here -

http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-40820213...405GSZ969TK7YV

Hammock
    Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Take a look at the 12 ft model here -

http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-40820213...405GSZ969TK7YV
    I have considered the Noah but I just ultimately need to decide if I want to carry around a tarp that is 36oz. It would be nice to have all of that coverage.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The Hammock Bliss tarp is a little small width wise at 6'4". 8 feet would be the minumum I'd go with. I agree with hutzelbein, a Warbonnet Edge is another $18.00 but its lighter at 11.25 oz and its longer and wider.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    The Hammock Bliss tarp is a little small width wise at 6'4". 8 feet would be the minumum I'd go with. I agree with hutzelbein, a Warbonnet Edge is another $18.00 but its lighter at 11.25 oz and its longer and wider.
    Do you know if they do a black Friday sale? It ends up over $100 after stakes and shipping.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by razorguy View Post
    Do you know if they do a black Friday sale? It ends up over $100 after stakes and shipping.
    I don't know about any sales at Warbonnet. Wilderness Logics is going to be having an upcoming sale and the Tadploe tarp is similar in size as the WB Edge. It's $90 but you should check to see if it will be on sale.

Does the Hammock Bliss tarp come with stakes for $58.00? It is a good deal but I've found in all my gear buying that when I try to save money I end up buying twice. First I opt for the less expensive option but then I inevitably buy what I wanted in the first place. You may be different and I know forking over money for something you may not end up using that much is difficult. You could make the Hammock Bliss Tarp work with thoughtful pitching and it would keep you dry in a straight down rain. If you plan on using it is really foul weather you may want to consider going for something bigger even if its heavier.
    Last edited by Bubba; 11-19-2014 at 13:35.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    I think if I was going to go for cheap I'd just get one of those cheapo blue tarps from harbor freight for $7. I'd jump onboard the bandwagon for saving just a bit more money and buying something that you won't want to replace, especially with the prospect of sales coming up soon. Something like the tadpole or edge that were mentioned seem like a good start point. Personally I ordered a bigger tarp with doors from simply light designs and it's fantastic but not low cost. Ordering from Jared @ simply light designs was about as close as you can get to ordering from amazon and still get a custom, hand made, high quality product. I'd order from him again in an instant. I just looked and they sell a small tarp in the $50 range and I think it's probably a much better piece of gear if you are forced to keep in that price range. I've learned over time that there's much truth in the addage of "buy once, cry once" which lead me to order bigger.

http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...products_id/81

By the way, this tarp from SLD looks to be close in price and size to the one you linked on amazon but is sil nylon and packs up to 3"x6" instead of 8"x9" and weighs in at 9oz instead of 18oz. I'd classify this SLD tarp as small but high end and something you might use forever whereas the one from hammock blisss is just cheap (my winter tarp from SLD is much bigger but packs smaller and weighs nearly the same as that hammock bliss tarp)
    Last edited by BryanS; 11-19-2014 at 14:39.

Hammock
    Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanS View Post
    I think if I was going to go for cheap I'd just get one of those cheapo blue tarps from harbor freight for $7. I'd jump onboard the bandwagon for saving just a bit more money and buying something that you won't want to replace, especially with the prospect of sales coming up soon. Something like the tadpole or edge that were mentioned seem like a good start point. Personally I ordered a bigger tarp with doors from simply light designs and it's fantastic but not low cost. Ordering from Jared @ simply light designs was about as close as you can get to ordering from amazon and still get a custom, hand made, high quality product. I'd order from him again in an instant. I just looked and they sell a small tarp in the $50 range and I think it's probably a much better piece of gear if you are forced to keep in that price range. I've learned over time that there's much truth in the addage of "buy once, cry once" which lead me to order bigger.

http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...products_id/81

By the way, this tarp from SLD looks to be close in price and size to the one you linked on amazon but is sil nylon and packs up to 3"x6" instead of 8"x9" and weighs in at 9oz instead of 18oz. I'd classify this SLD tarp as small but high end and something you might use forever whereas the one from hammock blisss is just cheap (my winter tarp from SLD is much bigger but packs smaller and weighs nearly the same as that hammock bliss tarp)
    Definitely overlooked that in my search. Looks like an excellent buy at that price. I may wait to see if a sale pops up on it or not. I hate to be cheap but I'm about to close on a house!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast