Hello ALL, I am not quite ready financially to take the plunge for a good UQ yet. Though my good buddy Natureboy68 tells me it will just take ONE more (which will be 2 total) cold unpleasant nights to "solve" that "problem".

Last march I made a PLUQ out of a woobie poncho Liner and some Insulbright (..brite?) and really only tried it out once I think and it did OK, but I also used a pad that slid ALL over my hammock and if it weren't for the sliding and exposing areas in the shoulders and down by the feet...it was a workable solution down into the 30's ºF.

SOOOOOOOOOO, I want to augment my PLUQ when a few of us go hiking/camping overnight a week after T'sGiving in lower-upstate-NY and I will do a hang-sleep and not a ground-sleep like the last outing.

I am not sure I want to add a lot of weight making a huge pocket of material I have on hand and also because I'm a bit leery of messing up my hammock by applying the thread-injector to it.....but I will with enough confidence!

HOW DO I ADD the ability to slide one of my pads....my mouth-inflatable pad in under my hammock so it doesn't slide all around my 200lb 6'2.5" frame.

I am thinking of just sticking the pad between the PLUQ and the hammock and letting tension and friction hold it in place, but I want a better solution.

I also considered putting a 32ºF down mummy bag in the same position as the pad as I stated above.

I'll bring either my EMS "solstice 20" synthetic sleeping bag as TQ or the same 32F down mummy bag (Ozark Trail) as a TQ.

THOUGHTS? HELP!?

THANKS!!!!!