Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by John4 View Post
    So I just do a search here on the forum for "Pad Sheath"?...is that kind of like what some people slide CCF into? wouldn't the folding areas between the main pad and the "wings" be cold spots?.......any suggestions how to make them not be cold?
    You might search for a 'pad extender' which is a similar device. It's basically just a sleeve for your pad, though in the extender case it adds 2 small 'flaps' up top to give you some wider shoulder protection.

I solved my pad moving around problem by replacing my blue ccf pad with one of those thin rubbery yoga mats. It has enough 'biite' to pretty much stay where I put it in my hammock, but the insulation value seems roughly the same. I will preface that by adding I tend not to move around much after I find my happy spot at night so maybe I don't stress it much and I am a fairly warm sleeper.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Another member was looking at the pad extender not that long ago. You need to have the right width of pad and its money that you could put towards a double layer hammock. DL $47 at simply light designs.

Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    An extender is only a good idea if you want to keep using your pad for a long time. Otherwise, as Firesong points out you could have been using that money toward the purchase of another product.

Yes, if I was going to buy anything for this purpose I would just put it towards a proper UQ...but I like my ENO DN for its size....and I like my inflatable thermarest pad for being light and not bulky! So, I will continue to figure out if/how I want to use the pad and not let/have it slip around whether inside the hammock with me or under it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    Another member was looking at the pad extender not that long ago. You need to have the right width of pad and its money that you could put towards a double layer hammock. DL $47 at simply light designs.

I will look into the extender (either buying or making) since I have a nice Thermarest inflatable pad that I got on here last Winter/Spring....so until I make or buy a proper UQ I will forge on!

Quote Originally Posted by geneaut View Post
    An extender is only a good idea if you want to keep using your pad for a long time. Otherwise, as Firesong points out you could have been using that money toward the purchase of another product.

Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by John4 View Post
    I will look into the extender (either buying or making) since I have a nice Thermarest inflatable pad that I got on here last Winter/Spring....so until I make or buy a proper UQ I will forge on!
    There's no 'right' or 'wrong' here You can get to a warm night's sleep in a hammock in a lot of fun and interesting ways. You obviously have done some research and know the pros and cons of different systems, and that's what is important.

gENEAUT, Thanks! I was taught by my dad to research the hell out of things....it hasn't always actually been of help...because sometimes you get is such a quagmire of thought and indecision, you end up doing nothing or, worse yet, getting tired of researching and then LEAP at the next thing being tired of "looking" LOL

I as far as there being no "right" or "wrong"...I know...too often I get frustrated with the YMMV mantra to which some ascribe in varying degrees!

And I know one "fun and interesting way" would be with a Gfriend...but alas, I have not one of those right now :-( :-)

Quote Originally Posted by geneaut View Post
    There's no 'right' or 'wrong' here You can get to a warm night's sleep in a hammock in a lot of fun and interesting ways. You obviously have done some research and know the pros and cons of different systems, and that's what is important.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12