Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any hangers near Spokane?

Im new to the Spokane Washington area. Just wondering if there's any hangers near by. Id like to get with someone whos into backpacking and hanging in general.

Hammock
    WBBB XL custom 1.1 single.
    Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    There are quite a few hammockers on the North West hiker forum(NWhikers.net). Me included but I live in the Wenatchee area. You could go to the "partners" tab on the NWhikers and post a request for fellow hammock partners.

Hammock
    WBBB / WBRR
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps / WB
    Images
    Also, check out Coeur D'Alene. I am from the Spokane area originally and CDA is a MUCH better place to look at getting out. Also, Liberty Lake. If there are any local hiker meetups in your area those would probably be the best places to check.

Watch out for the crack heads!

Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopie
    Images
    I too just moved back to Spokane and recently into hanging.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    I'm from Coeur d'Alene, and I just discovered hammock camping a few months ago. I'd be down for a hike and a hang on a day that is good for it. Which means most days, barring wind storms or deep freeze.

Hammock
    Eno Sub7
    Tarp
    HG Hex with Doors
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ/TQ CCF Pad
    Suspension
    UCR Marlin Spike
    I am in Spokane and I go year round. I go out with a group off vets most the time as I am one (burning boots on Meetup) whats up?
    This is the pacific northwest if you wait for a nice weekend your gonna be waiting for A LONG TIME.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaigskmal View Post
    I am in Spokane and I go year round. I go out with a group off vets most the time as I am one (burning boots on Meetup) whats up?
    I'm in Costa Rica until February but I will have a brand new hammock and BA sleep system waiting for me when I return. If your into it, I'd love to do a winter hang and test my new gear when I return.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaigskmal View Post

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    HG 20 Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I'm also in the Spokane area. I'm expecting my first underquilt when HG churns through their backlog from Black Friday, but I'm betting it will be sometime in January before I'm able to try a winter hang. After my underquilt gets here, I'd be game for something.

Anyone know of any good spots right in our immediate area? My understanding is that Mt Spokane is closed to overnight stuff. I know of plenty of places up towards the Canadian border, plenty as you get over into Idaho and lots to the west in the Cascades, but I'm drawing a blank of something within a 30-45 minute drive.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gfortune View Post
    I'm also in the Spokane area. I'm expecting my first underquilt when HG churns through their backlog from Black Friday, but I'm betting it will be sometime in January before I'm able to try a winter hang. After my underquilt gets here, I'd be game for something.

Anyone know of any good spots right in our immediate area? My understanding is that Mt Spokane is closed to overnight stuff. I know of plenty of places up towards the Canadian border, plenty as you get over into Idaho and lots to the west in the Cascades, but I'm drawing a blank of something within a 30-45 minute drive.
    Mt Kit Carson maybe? I know of several places to hang in the woods near Fernan. The Silver Valley has some nice forested lakes you can hike into. My problem isn't where to hang, it's just getting out there to hang.

Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopie
    Images
    I did a solo wilderness hang a few months back. I went thru the Mt Spokane area and drove north back behind the condos. I found a really nice area on a small creek. Only problem the next morning was opening day of hunting season and cars were driving up the road close by. Check out my videos at WA RedBear on youtube. We all need to get together and do a hang sometime soon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast