I found some ripstop at Ben Franklin's crafts store today, so I picked up a few yards and made a set of "serpent-tubes" for my tarp. They came out a bit rough (OK, allot rough), but they function! Thanks to Rev for the video series he put out, which helped me along quite a bit.
The machine I used was one my wife had stored upstairs and hasn't used in 20 years. It's a Brother from around 1970 or so. Took some cleaning up to get it running, and it seems pretty temperamental.
When I get a chance to string it all up in daylight I'll post a pic or two.
Next up: a "Different Stuff Sack".
Eventually, I want to do a BlackCat tarp and an underquilt of some sort. I'm pretty proud of my first DIY project, and can see the potential for addiction with this stuff...