ENO Double for a Single?

Anybody use the Double ENO as a solo shelter? For 4 ounces more, it seems to be a pretty deluxe setup.

Are there problems with a hammock being TOO big??

Any reason not to do this if I'm willing to take the extra few ounces?

Any XXL hammockers out there have experience with a single/double comparison?

Thanks again! Hoping to order in the next day or so to be swinging this coming weekend!

-Curt

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Anybody use the Double ENO as a solo shelter? For 4 ounces more, it seems to be a pretty deluxe setup.

Are there problems with a hammock being TOO big??

Any reason not to do this if I'm willing to take the extra few ounces?

Any XXL hammockers out there have experience with a single/double comparison?

Thanks again! Hoping to order in the next day or so to be swinging this coming weekend!

-Curt

Curt, I have one of each, single and double. Well, one is mine and the other is my 5 year old's. Anyway, I'm comfortable in either one. The double is better for using as an in camp lounger (sitting so as to be turned perpendicular with the long axis of the hammock; ie: sittin' sideways). I don't see ayn reason not to go with the double. It's just $10 more and gives quite a bit more room, especially if you're a bigger dude. Are you ordering direct from ENO? If not, you may want to consider it. I always order from them and have everything within 3 days at the most.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Thanks, Hooch. That's exactly the information I was looking for. The in-camp lounger is one of the reasons I started looking into hammocks, so that's a great bit of information. I'll think of it as a 4 oz. camp recliner!

At this point it seems folks are pretty happy with the ENO and I can't find much info on the Traveler, so I'm probably going to go with the Double.

I doesn't come with any ropes, correct? I'd still need to round those up to be hanging by the weekend. Time to go read up on what the best rope systems are.....

Thanks again,

-Curt

Images
    Check out Ring Buckles.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Thanks, Hooch. That's exactly the information I was looking for. The in-camp lounger is one of the reasons I started looking into hammocks, so that's a great bit of information. I'll think of it as a 4 oz. camp recliner!

At this point it seems folks are pretty happy with the ENO and I can't find much info on the Traveler, so I'm probably going to go with the Double.

I doesn't come with any ropes, correct? I'd still need to round those up to be hanging by the weekend. Time to go read up on what the best rope systems are.....

Thanks again,

-Curt

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT GET the ENO Slap Straps. You'd be doing yourself a favor if you go with the ring buckles. It's the quickest and most adjustable system that I've seen. If you have any questions about how to do them, go to Just Jeff's website. They're under "Homemade Gear".
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    i have an eno double and its very comfortable as a single person hammock, only problem i see is the excess material that hangs loosely up near the edges might be a hassle in wind, if wind is not properly dealt with. however, the material is in excess enough to wrap over yourself like a blanket, and i can sit indian style in the middle of mine facing sideways and i am six foot six.

• + New Posts