2 Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet

Added strip of 3/8" CCF in footbox end

I am finding the engineering details in my WWBB XLC to have a lot of utility. I've found the footbox a good addition. Sometimes though my calf feels a little pressure from the hammock fabric transition from the footbox to the main body of the hammock. Probably the way I'm positioned in the hammock causing the main body to be a little more taunt.

Anyway, I had some surplus CCF foam and cut a piece about 18 x 21 and put it in my double layer. The CCF had some roll memory in it and I turned the CCF so the memory pointed down. I found the tauntness disappeared and the CCF stayed in place. It's a small enough piece of CCF that I can stap it to my pack or even insert it vertically in my pack and store material within it.

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    Great fix. I use an inflatable sit pad in mine, no so much for calf ridge, I use a 3/4 length pad. That small pad will add a little warmth for you.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    2 Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet
    I have been experimenting with my WBBB XLC hanging in my backyard. Going out again tonight. Until it started getting cold, last night was a low of 21, I was using an inexpensive synthetic sleeping bag for top cover zipping it about 1/3 of the way up and creating a homemade foot box. This gave me a lot of maneuvering room for my lower legs and feet. Once I've switched to my down mummy bag for top cover using it similarly, I don't have the maneuvering space and I found that occasionally I'd feel a taunt edge between the footbox and the main hammock.

I hope to get a top quilt this coming week but in the interim, decided to try out a piece of CCF as a pad. Didn't need it for bottom insulation, my Incubator 20 takes care of that but wanted something to soften the hammock edge.

I checked the CCF pad this afternoon to see if had shifted and found it was pretty much were I left it. I'd set my hammock to hang pretty flat last night which probably helped. I'm thinking I'll keep the CCF pad for when I'm using a top quilt with foot box closed or my cold weather mummy bag.

I'm enjoying the WBBB XLC plus its double layer flexibility. Glad I got the DL.

• + New Posts