DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    very well written latherdome! I spent 2.5 hanging to sleep and ABHOR sleeping in this $5000 adj tempurpedic my wife owns. We're rearranging the house to allow me to hang once again and i am THRILLED. Moving that monster is going to suck, but it'll be set NEXT TO my pipeframe stand. When the disability gets hammered back into shape, ima buy a tensa for hotel stays; those beds are hideous from every perspective imaginable. You sir, are a hammock hero. May your name surf the waves of eternity!!
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Indoor Hammock Hanging could be fun? I'm not sure as we can enjoy temperature, Nature and all that in outside hanging But Inside hanging is going to be quite boring for me I know everyone has their own opinion. So I would love to go with outdoor hammock hanging

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    Indoor Hammock Hanging could be fun? I'm not sure as we can enjoy temperature, Nature and all that in outside hanging But Inside hanging is going to be quite boring for me I know everyone has their own opinion. So I would love to go with outdoor hammock hanging
    It's not either/or but both/and. I love outdoor hanging too!
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Right! Indoors and outdoors, it's all good! I think the "indoors" posts are mainly of interest to those of us who prefer (or would like to try) sleeping in a hammock instead of a bed when we're at home, or have to stay in a motel, or the weather is horrid. We ALSO hang outdoors when we can! Indoors and outdoors have some different considerations and materials preferences, but we're by no means mutually exclusive!

Latherdome, I have had similar experiences with almost everything in your post a few above. With all the threads with questions about hanging indoors, and with so many full-timers, I think there's enough interest for an Indoors subforum. It was suggested a few years ago, but the mods determined it wasn't warranted then. Meanwhile, it might work to tag the relevant threads "Indoors" or some such, to facilitate searches.

I spend a lot of time in my hammock due to an old spine injury, and I definitely agree that smooth, dense, tight-woven cotton canvas is the indoors way to go for comfort, durability, and easy laundering. I find it gives me just the right support. Mayans are great, but they need longer hanging distance, they leave waffle-skin marks, and they're not durable for long-term every-night use. It gets costly to keep replacing them.

I've had a few Brazilian-style canvas hammocks over the years, and only one I didn't like (I found the Vivere double to be coarse fabric, and it stretched out of shape very soon). The Siesta Carolina you mentioned is good, and I like the colors. I'm keeping one "nearly-new" for a house guest. I've also made some every-night GE's from 100% "Premium" (tightly woven, heavy-weight) cotton tablecloths from tableclothsfactory.com. They're quite smooth and strong, and so far they've held up fine for at least 2 years of nightly use & frequent laundering, with no worries yet of wear or stretching, including the one I gave to my 220 lb brother. When the time comes, they're easily replaceable for less cost than a set of bed sheets, and IMO much more comfortable than a bed and a lot easier to move! No matter how many indoor hammocks I need to replace in the next decade or two, they're a better investment in sleeping/lounging comfort than any bed I've tried to sleep in.

I still have a bed, but I only use it to fold clothes, sort papers, store bins underneath, etc. My 2 cats sleep on it and they're welcome to it. When I can move it out of here I'll stack the bins under the window with pillows on top for kitty beds with a scenic view, and more room to play!

Definitely get a pair of porch-swing springs! I got mine at Lowe's. They absorb some of the shock to the wall studs or ceiling joists, also I think they make it easier getting in & out. I PlastiDip the springs, attach with soft shackles to eliminate all metal-on-metal creaks. Then rock on, in peace!

Latherdome, I hope to get a Tensa stand some day -- it's brilliant! And I'm madly in love with the prismatic halo around the archway! How did you do that? Inquiring (copycat) minds need to know.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Thanks WhollyHamaca for the tableclothsfactory.com tip. I should also finally get around to addressing the occasional metal-on-metal creak! The rainbow is from this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Wi...dp/B00IO5UIZK/ . It's out of this world, changes constantly, but only with direct sunlight: zero effect with indirect light. A little goes a long way so you can cut up the sheet and apply a bit to several windows that get direct sun.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Thanks for the link, Latherdome! That rainbow prisma sheet is going into my Amazon cart right away! It's a must-have for the little sunroom I haven't built yet. A perfect place for a Tensa4, which IMO is about the most exciting invention I've seen here in a long time. (with huge respect for the innovations in bridge hammocks; they're just not for me)
    P.S. I just read your Amazon review of the prismatic sheet. Funny and oh-so-true! Now I need 3 of them.
    Last edited by WhollyHamaca; 04-30-2018 at 07:38. Reason: postscript

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Horseshoe-shaped neck pillow is perfect. Mine's loosely filled with buckwheat hulls, washable cotton cover. When sitting way off to one end in "chair mode", double up the pillow to prop head forward for reading, computer etc.
    I've found horseshoe/crescent neck pillows are very useful several ways, so I keep a couple in a little basket-cart next to my hammock along with Kindle, flashlight, phone.

1. As you say, a squishy one for neck. I tether mine loosely to the hammock for convenience. Sometimes I need a foam wrap-around neck brace instead, but most of the time a crescent pillow is just right and it stays put until I want to move it. Travel pillows shift around too much for me.

2. Under a knee if needed to alleviate hyper-extension, or under an ankle for heel pressure. It stays in place better than a rolled-up towel or travel pillow. I know a side-sleeper who uses a crescent between knees; I'm not so I haven't tried that.

3. The crescent also works well as a laptop "stand" either on my lap or (reclined) on my chest, with the laptop's air vents over the open part of the crescent. I use my 11" laptop in my hammock to surf the web & watch videos that way, with no overheating. It would make no sense to want to WORK in my hammy, but I'm sure some might try -- until they nod off!

4. My favorite use: I can nestle my Kindle securely into the crescent shape to hold it up hands-free on my chest while I'm fully reclined. I rest my right hand next to (or on) the pillow, so only my eyeballs and one page-turning finger have to move when I read, and it doesn't fall when I inevitably drift off to sleep. With the Paperwhite I can read in the dark, so I don't even need to get up to turn off the light. (If I did I'd put a remote switch on the light! I'm a lazy slug once I go to hammock.)

For indoors use I like squishy buckwheat or foam crescents. I'm generally not a fan of inflatables for indoor use. Buckwheat is firmer than foam, easy to squish into conformity if loosely filled, and cooler than foam in summer but buckwheat is not washable AFAIK. Foam is softer, warmer, and can be hand-washed & air-dried like a dense sponge. Removable washable pillow covers are essential for either type.

I hope somebody finds this helpful. I'd love to see this thread in a subforum along with the other scattered Indoor-focused ones. What bliss it is to be a happy, comfortable hammocker at home as well as outdoors!
    Last edited by WhollyHamaca; 05-01-2018 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
    I've found horseshoe/crescent neck pillows are very useful several ways, so I keep a couple in a little basket-cart next to my hammock along with Kindle, flashlight, phone.

1. As you say, a squishy one for neck. I tether mine loosely to the hammock for convenience. Sometimes I need a foam wrap-around neck brace instead, but most of the time a crescent pillow is just right and it stays put until I want to move it. Travel pillows shift around too much for me.

2. Under a knee if needed to alleviate hyper-extension, or under an ankle for heel pressure. It stays in place better than a rolled-up towel or travel pillow. I know a side-sleeper who uses a crescent between knees; I'm not so I haven't tried that.

3. The crescent also works well as a laptop "stand" either on my lap or (reclined) on my chest, with the laptop's air vents over the open part of the crescent. I use my 11" laptop in my hammock to surf the web & watch videos that way, with no overheating. It would make no sense to want to WORK in my hammy, but I'm sure some might try -- until they nod off!

4. My favorite use: I can nestle my Kindle securely into the crescent shape to hold it up hands-free on my chest while I'm fully reclined. I rest my right hand next to (or on) the pillow, so only my eyeballs and one page-turning finger have to move when I read, and it doesn't fall when I inevitably drift off to sleep. With the Paperwhite I can read in the dark, so I don't even need to get up to turn off the light. (If I did I'd put a remote switch on the light! I'm a lazy slug once I go to hammock.)

For indoors use I like squishy buckwheat or foam crescents. I'm generally not a fan of inflatables for indoor use. Buckwheat is firmer than foam, easy to squish into conformity if loosely filled, and cooler than foam in summer but buckwheat is not washable AFAIK. Foam is softer, warmer, and can be hand-washed & air-dried like a dense sponge. Removable washable pillow covers are essential for either type.

I hope somebody finds this helpful. I'd love to see this thread in a subforum along with the other scattered Indoor-focused ones. What bliss it is to be a happy, comfortable hammocker at home as well as outdoors!
    This sounds like a heavenly setup. I cant wait to get my indoors setup going.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by BambulanceMan View Post
    This sounds like a heavenly setup. I cant wait to get my indoors setup going.
    It is, indeed! The only down side is having to leave it and get something done around this place. Let us know about your setup when you do it. There are lots of good folks here who will be happy to give help, encouragement, kudos, and advice (some of it worth a lot more than you pay for) if you run into any issues creating your own heavenly hammock haven! And welcome to HammockForums!

I am a new home hanger / nightly sleeper. here is my wife and I's setup! Whoopie slings / hook suspension with adjustable wall anchors. I got my dutch wide netless and my wife has a Hammock sky brazilian. I cant seem to get that 30% angle but its still super comfortable.

39786387_278624916072618_9071865596609560576_n.jpg 39861984_248657055791837_7156391954475909120_n.jpg 39883645_2104399199822974_1965794505470771200_n.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast