Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    I own both a Hammeck Envy in single layer PolyD as well as a WBBB and I find them to feel pretty similar in general. There's certainly some material difference but in general they aren't terribly different. I haven't gotten to camp overnight yet in my BB but I might try it out indoors soon and decide whether to keep it since I don't have much use for two hammocks of such similar function. I think either way you can't go wrong.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    You are buying something very personal, you need to try out before you buy or buy and sell, then buy again.

On the subject of discussions with your wife, IMHO, you are risking a problem, one you might not want to get into.

I see lots of wives buying very expensive toys, because their husband spent some money for something he wanted, also your wife may not like the cost of future purchases, once she finds out what your new hobby is going to cost.

Another little reminder, as you Hang your taste in hammocks will probably change. I know mine certainly has morphed since I started, ENO, Hennessey's, Green Hornet, onwards and upward. I went from welcoming being cocooned to hating it. Large hammock to very light and significantly smaller. I never dreamed I would change my Hammock taste so much, if I had tried before I bought I would have saved a fair amount of $, however, my taste has evolved as I continue to Hang.

I have found it prudent to be a bit close about what my gear costs, I do not fib, I just do not broad cast. I also do not show off my latest purchase!

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have never been in an XLC. Hammeck was at the fall MAHHA with their hammocks. I was able to lay in one and i must say it was very comfy. I really like the options you can get with them as well. If and when i buy my next hammock, it will most likely be a hammeck. Either way im sure you can't go wrong.

Images
    Ironfish45, I'm guessing you have been married a long time? Very wise advice that works for wives as well as husband's, lol.

I have the bb xlc on order and have never been in one. I would have liked to have tried one first but that wasn't possible. If by some chance I done like it, I will gift it to my boyfriend. Or sell it.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Really take a look at what you perceive that you will enjoy about each hammock. I would guess that evening winds will always be an issue for you so the wall of the BB would be a plus as well as the cover on the hammeck. As others have said, Randy and his wife at dream hammock make a good product with a cover. While I enjoyed the BB I did not like the giant wall of fabric nor the tie outs. Having to use pull outs on my hammock is just another fiddle factor I dont like. If you are hiking are you going to use your dutch argon and keep the heavier and bigger hammock for car camping?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12