Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    OES Ultra
    Insulation
    Under Ground Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Dedicated Nalgene bottle, has a large Skull and Cross Bones decal on it. Decal...self-explanatory.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Haw-haw-haw-haw-haaaaww...! Tee-hee-heeeeee...! Wow! Now I'm wheezing! And dribbling! I'm coming late to this party, but, I wanted to share with you ALL, that I enjoyed it much! Even you banners and prohibitors provided me much interesting comment and unintended humor. This's one of those topics that makes confessions of nearly ANYthing one might say. -Oh, God save me, I'm STILL laughing!- I can relate to some of the vessels pictured, too! Specifically AND personally! That's all I'm comfortable confessing (At this time.), cuz I'm still new around here. Thankfully cool and sane heads prevailed, and the thread stands. Power to the pee-ple!

Hammock
    Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    All,

I have found a fabric softener bottle with a handle works best. I have a loop of para cord through the handle with a binder attached for hanging on my ridge line or the side of my hammock for easy access. Everyone is right the older you get the more of an issue this is.

http://downy.com/en-us/fabric-soften...l-fresh-liquid

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    i used a pee jar while tent camping (im getting to "that age" and i own a hennessy, i had the zipper mod installed by 2QZQ and they did a wonderful job, but, the more im on this forum, the more hammocks i get (4 now) and i just get up and use the tree.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    A little levity, My grandfather, a world war 2 veteran fought many hard battles in Burma and decided to give me some words of wisdom after finding out that I enlisted in the u.s.m.c. (when I was a young man) He Said where ever you may be land or sea always let your pee go free. I laughed so hard expecting to hear infinite words of wisdom. Any how thought it was funny and really doesn't help in hammock. Just wanted to share a story.

Hammock
    HH UL Expl, Expd, WBBB XL, homemade
    Tarp
    Hex, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HHSS or Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Straps or whoopies
    Reminds me of something I read in one of Spike Milligans war memoir books - he would bet he could stay in his tent for longer than his buddies, so he would get an old bicycle tire inner tube, make cut through it so that it was one long tube, one end went out of the tent, the other end......(you can guess).

Seems to work for a tent, so will work in a hammock I guess.

Would be very tempted to tie a knot in the end of one if I saw it hanging out, though!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeDangle View Post

Would be very tempted to tie a knot in the end of one if I saw it hanging out, though!
    That was what Spike often did!

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    i definitely have to go sleeping in the hammock at night. the raised feet allowing the toxins to be circulated out of your system makes perfect sense, compound that with the exercise and the need to stay better hydrated on the trail and its going to happen at least once in the night. in my hammock at home, i notice that there are times when i do have to get up at around 2-3am and relieve myself. i drink tea to assist with the insomnia that eats me alive, so im always laying down with some liquids to expel; i do not, however, get up every night, just occasionally.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    We had at least 6 threads on bathroom breaks, pee jars and nature calls. LOL, outsiders must think we're a bunch of sickos here

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    wide mouth nalgege is the classic mounaineering choice.

if you have a bottom entry you can actually roll on your front and go straight out the door. zip entry same thing but on your side.

also seen people use pee bottle in kneeling position inside the hammock.

in reality im only reluctant to get out in the amazon due to ants being a pain at 3am and some times it can be very frustrating.

if you are in a bottom entry and in your sleeping bag then make sure you have some sort of clean piece of material on the floor under the entry, drop out, sleeping bag and all, sleeping bag and clothes round your ankles, do your thing, pull everything back up and fall over backwards back into place. door closed, job done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast