Hammock
    Hennessay,Nicaraguan

The Lettuce layer? Noob.

Holy layers Batman! So, its been 3 weeks in on my full time indoor hammock. 2 weeks in my HH camping hammock in house and now a week on the Nicaraguans. I do like both of them!
    I've read more info on hammocks in that time wiki would have a hard time keeping up ha.
    Regarding my nicaraguan hammock or similar.
    Not sure on the proper wording to search for for some help i would like. i've tried
    I'm wondering about one layer in particular. the one that is directly between myself and the hammock. Once I finalize my preference to the UQ and the TQ, I'm so close to the final results on those. I would like to eventually be able to sleep at nights without anything (just undies) between the hammock and I. Stay warm and not be bothered by the cotton 'rope?' the hammock is made from. So far I have always had long underwear layer. its great for that one more layer of warmth. but it would be awesome to have freedom to move around without full clothes or a 'lettuce layer' as I sleep. I can feel out the hammock more as i sleep then. I tried blankets. fleece, sleeping bag, cotton quilts but all seem to have one problem for me, in common. I find i miss out on being able to get the hammock to s p r e a d out... so nice! other than warmth guessing the feel of the 'rope' might be discomfort for longer periods? I'll find out soon enough here. nap time next up!
    my questions i guess. Any ideas on placing a very thin sheet or something below me, keep hammock spreading available as I change sleeping positions and maybe a more smooth surface to sleep on?
    its funny, I tried to search 'nicaraguan' but i really don't see a lot of info here on people using nicaraguans. I could of searched incorrectly too?
    third q. Did I confuse just about everyone? lol. I have a habit of that apparently.
    'It was meant to happen?'

Its how you use what just happened to make the best of everything that follows. - me, I just said that.

Images
    Uh, what was your question? All I caught was underwear in a rope hammock.... I have no advice sorry but I'm sure someone will soon.

Hammock
    Dutch Halfwit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    "Nicaraguans" come in different styles... I am assuming yours has an open net type mesh?
    Do you have a spreader bar at each end or is it a gathered end style?

I am seeing you waking up with the diamond shaped imprint lines from where you were laying on it!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY CF Asym
    Insulation
    Zpacks HGincubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    It's probably easier to just buy a table cloth hammock or make one out of other materials. I don't think there's any way to fix the rope hammocks, which is why, as you said, not very many people here use them.

Hammock
    Hennessay,Nicaraguan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    It's probably easier to just buy a table cloth hammock or make one out of other materials. I don't think there's any way to fix the rope hammocks, which is why, as you said, not very many people here use them.
    hope my pics attach. pretty new to the thread stuff too.
    pictures of the hammock we have. I didn't really know how to explain it I guess. or what to call it other than rope. but not wider leaving funny marks on body, kind of rope. weaved? maybe?
    basically was wondering if there was a (smooth cover) to go over hammock partly for warmth and for the feel. and at same time still give me the ability to manipulate hammock as if nothing were there? I was trying not to buy a whole bunch of hammocks to get that just right one for sleeping. the nicaraguan one is awesome and it would be neat to make it work. which i will. practice maybe. My wife placed a thin sheet under-quilt under mine. it definitely helped with the cool issue.
    Thanks folks. and apologies again on my confusions. Now I have a great excuse at lest, darn brain injury!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its how you use what just happened to make the best of everything that follows. - me, I just said that.

Hammock
    Hennessay,Nicaraguan
    I should also add. we bought those nicaraguans because it was a bit difficult finding hammock retailers here. the duty to get here from u.s can get nutty! Also brand brand new to the exciting world of hammock sleeping. I never guessed there was so many varieties out there. we took the most comfortable 'bed' looking one at our disposal.
    It seems there are a whole lot of DIY hammocks. anyone: I wonder of the percentage of hammocks that owners keep as their Favourite, how many are DIY's? just curious.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY CF Asym
    Insulation
    Zpacks HGincubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPB View Post
    I should also add. we bought those nicaraguans because it was a bit difficult finding hammock retailers here. the duty to get here from u.s can get nutty! Also brand brand new to the exciting world of hammock sleeping. I never guessed there was so many varieties out there. we took the most comfortable 'bed' looking one at our disposal.
    It seems there are a whole lot of DIY hammocks. anyone: I wonder of the percentage of hammocks that owners keep as their Favourite, how many are DIY's? just curious.
    As a fellow Canadian I understand your situation far too well. I generally buy things and ship them to Kinek in the states, and pick them up when a family member drives down. You may find these of use:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...endor-s-Thread

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-for-Materials

I do believe that the Eureka Chrysalis is Canadian.

Having no experience with your type of hammock, I most likely won't be able to offer valuable advice. Maybe try making a sleeve for it out of cotton bed sheets?

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    As I read it you are looking for something between you and the hammock. Not so much an UQ. If so the cotton sheet or even a flannel sheet would be a possibility. If cut to the same width as your hammock and then attached along the sides you would be able to remove it periodically to launder. My fulltimer gets washed weekly. Now as to how make the attachments on the edge? Buttons, hook and eyelets as used on bra straps, Velcro, or maybe just tie strings along the edges tied thru the opens on the sides of your hammock. My fulltimer had an UQ sewn to the edges originally but the polyester batting didn't hold up well to the regular washings. You have me rethinking my current UQ setup, which is just a poly batting gathered end suspended under the hammock.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hennessy Hammock is also a Canuck: www.hennessyhammock.com

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    DIYer here. Welcome, from Florida.

You have a beautiful hammock.

That said, I find netting or "rope" style hammocks great for lounging or a quick nap, but, not for overnighter. Thin fabrics like nylon, hyperD, polyester have, some to no stretch, and way more comfortable to sleep in.

If you place a fabric inside yours like Olddog said, it would help since the weave is much smaller than rope style hammocks. The problem is that the fabrice may also just fill the voids your skin is trying to fill, causing pressure points. The little pressure points may be small enough to not be a problem, so that pics with your experiments for us.

I hope you get that good looking hammock to behave the way you want.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts