Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

HH side pulls and under quilts

I've been setting up my HH DJ XL in the spare room to get use to sleeping in it with my new HG incubator.

Here is my question, I have slept in it out side 4 nights but all was with the bubble pad and the side pulls tied out. Which helps spread the bug net and keep it away from my face.

Now that my 0 incubator is here and I have been hanging in house to get it figured out.

so does anyone use an UQ with the side pulls still being tied out.
    and if so how does it work out and is there anything special I need to know or do to make this more comforable for me.
    " BEING A BOY SCOUT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU DO....IT'S SOMEONE YOU ARE" Miss Lisa troop 24

I've used the Jarbidge 3/4 quilt with my side tie outs on my explorer deluxe. I just don't spread them as wide as I do without the under quilt.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon/HH Exp. Zip
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyHanger View Post
    I've used the Jarbidge 3/4 quilt with my side tie outs on my explorer deluxe. I just don't spread them as wide as I do without the under quilt.
    DITTO. I have used the pull outs with an explorer and a 'Potomac' (from Arrowhead), Just check out the coverage after getting aboard. But the Potomac is cut for HH and the tie-outs. Enjoy

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    With a 0 degree UQ why would you want to pull all that downy warmth away from you? Ditch the pull outs and eliminate any issues with pulling off shoulder etc. If the bug net bothers you just flip it over the ridgeline off your face.

I only use the pullouts on my HH in the summer when I want as much material off me as possible.

Just my opinion, wife says it ain't worth much

Images
    I have an Explorer and an Incubator. I have used the pull outs run through the rings on the UQ before. I did it thinking it would keep the UQ in position better. In the end I don't use the tie outs. Mainly because I prefer to not have them interrupting the swing while in the hammock. Once I got the adjustment down on my UQ the tie outs were academic. The rings on the UQ won't likely line up with the tie outs on your HH. It won't hurt to do it and you may even prefer it. Just one of many ways to skin the cat with HH and HG UQs. I have a zipper mod on my HH so when winter camping, the bug net gets put away. Just my preference.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    thanks for the replys everyone.
    As I was saying I'm new to the UQ part of hanging.
    For me it has been trying to learn how to get comfortable all over again.
    I had it down pretty good with bubble pad cause it helped to keep the ridge out of the hammock that now is hitting me in the left knee.
    I have tried different hang angles on the suspension but nothing I do changes the ridge.

I have not been able to sleep completly thru the night but once I fall asleep it is a deep sleep.
    but when I wake up I have some pain in my right ankle and left knee. I figure it is from not being able to spread out my legs like I do in my king size bed.

Any advice would be greatly helpfull.
    " BEING A BOY SCOUT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU DO....IT'S SOMEONE YOU ARE" Miss Lisa troop 24

Hammock
    DIY 11ft. HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY down quilt
    Suspension
    Gen 1 Speed Hooks
    I have a HH and love the tie outs.
    So much that I am just going to have to make myself an UQ so that I can make sure the quilt fits the tie-outs exactly like I want it too.

As far as the calf-ridge.
    I have found that I have to keep my suspension very taut to eliminate the ridge. I keep very little slack in my lines when I set up.
    Also, hang your foot end slightly higher than your head end. This allows you to scoot yourself up towards the head end without sliding down too low. It really helps w calf pressure and cramped feet. Half an inch up to a couple inches should do the trick.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Wit
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 20* T
    Suspension
    Straps
    I use a full length EQ quilt with the tie outs and am warm and toasty all night shouldn't affect the lay at all just get it nice and snug.
    The wishbone will never replace the backbone- Will Henry

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by x PREACHER x View Post
    I have a HH and love the tie outs.
    So much that I am just going to have to make myself an UQ so that I can make sure the quilt fits the tie-outs exactly like I want it too.

As far as the calf-ridge.
    I have found that I have to keep my suspension very taut to eliminate the ridge. I keep very little slack in my lines when I set up.
    Also, hang your foot end slightly higher than your head end. This allows you to scoot yourself up towards the head end without sliding down too low. It really helps w calf pressure and cramped feet. Half an inch up to a couple inches should do the trick.
    last night I got the foot end up alittle bit higher. wher I had to put the wall anchors that kind of limits how much of a differnce in height I can hang inside. And layed the other way from my normal. I have always slept in it with the zipper in my right side. But sense I am hanging in the house and no way of using tie outs in that room I turned around so I could leave bug net un zipped and flipped up over the ridge line and off my face.. I did sleep a better than night before.

Over Christmas break my son and I will be doing cold weather testing with our new 0 incubators. That will be the real test.

Hammock
    Hennessey Evader
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    I have the Hennessy Evader and I just run the side tie outs thru the D rings of my 20degree HG Incubator and it seems to work great for me. Holds everything in place. But everyone has their own way that makes it work for them. You just need to try different things and you will find the way that works best for you as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast