Tarp
    Forum Member Made
    Insulation
    JRB HR, Greylock3
    Suspension
    Rings, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    One way that alot of us used to make our hennesy hammocks easier to set up was the garda hitch method like this: hennessy hammock ultra fast set up technique, eas…: http://youtu.be/1iJTjful66M
    This is the method I use for my HH. Overall I like it a lot and some of the complaints that others have don't bother me. However, the last time I hung it, which was actually only the second time ever with rings, the ropes kept slipping even with a half hitch. It was odd, but finally they stuck. That made me reconsider staying with that method but now I've got a Dutch Argon with homemade whoopies so we'll see.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomVan View Post
    This is the method I use for my HH. Overall I like it a lot and some of the complaints that others have don't bother me. However, the last time I hung it, which was actually only the second time ever with rings, the ropes kept slipping even with a half hitch. It was odd, but finally they stuck. That made me reconsider staying with that method but now I've got a Dutch Argon with homemade whoopies so we'll see.
    One thing people have noticed with that system is the bigger ropes on the larger HH work much better and don't slip. Mine is an expedition and it would wanna slip a little bit but most of the time I'd put a no slip knot after the garda and it works fine but I've slept in it many times with out the no slip knot. But I believe most people with an explorer or larger don't have those slip problems but I could be wrong.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

As I recall that Tom directly said to me was that he is concerned about a carabiner weakening the rope. When the rope is suspended on a carabiner, it is forced into a tight turn that can cause damage to the rope when it is under the pressure of a person's weight. He can't guarantee a hanger's safety in this circumstance, so recommends against it.
    Rosaleen

Hennessy Hammock afficionado and supporter.

I am new to this forum... Hennessy Hammock semi-permanent carabiner attachment: Has anyone tried tying a loop, in the rope, via a figure 8 knot, then run this loop through a figure 8 descender to take some of the "bite" off the rope. Then attach the carabiner to the small eye of fig. 8 descender. For use with ENO atlas straps. Thoughts/Concerns..?

lashing only?

Figure 8 Descender:

Hammock
    Hennessy and GrandTrunk
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Hi, what I use are two biners and four descender rings if you go to youtube and look for the hennessy fast set up you can find this method. I have not any issues. Works great and is very fast.

Hammock
    HH BPULA
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Skyhooks...
    I tie off my Hennessey to a single biner on each end with a simple clove hitch. Similar to the Munter hitch, its easily adjustable and once dialed in I lock it off with a slippery half hitch. No failures ever and it is easily released after loading.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234