Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Here is Southern Missouri, the temp is 18, with a 6 windchill and -4 dewpoint. The forecast calls for several days with highs in the mid teens and lows below zero, so I won't be hanging anywhere!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Ahhh . . .17* degrees last night here in Columbia SC. But warm thoughts of Vero Beach has stimulated me into thinking of my youthful days of scuba diving just off the beach in Wabasso. Used to be one of my favorite lobster hunting dives where I could spend literally hours in the Florida sun diving in 15 feet of water, pull monster lobsters, cook them on the beach . . . DIVE, DIVE, DIVE !

. . . did I mention that I hung last night in the backyard in the 17* weather ?
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Ahhh . . .17* degrees last night here in Columbia SC. But warm thoughts of Vero Beach has stimulated me into thinking of my youthful days of scuba diving just off the beach in Wabasso. Used to be one of my favorite lobster hunting dives where I could spend literally hours in the Florida sun diving in 15 feet of water, pull monster lobsters, cook them on the beach . . . DIVE, DIVE, DIVE !

. . . did I mention that I hung last night in the backyard in the 17* weather ?
    Wabasso. Saw a 10' Bull Shark there on one lobster dive. Saw the same shark two weeks later. The visibility is bad there, so I only saw it when I was very close. Not my favorite chunk of water off the Florida Coast, but man are you right about the bugs (lobster) there!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    No arguments from this person on the visibility however I will raise the pot and mention the surge is kinda rough as well. I used to work in a dive shop in Orlando and we would make evening runs from Orlando to Wabasso and night dive for lobsters, and boy do I have a story to tell about the one that got away! His legs could have been dinner for two !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    No arguments from this person on the visibility however I will raise the pot and mention the surge is kinda rough as well.
    It's legal here in Colorado!
    We need to get together at a hang and talk scuba stories. I almost died pulling a huge mother of a bug down near W. Palm. Ran out of air at 85' on my 4th dive of the day (LOVE MINISEASON!) and was still trying to get it out of it's hole. As I was turning blue, she finally came out....full of eggs.

Sorry for the drift; got me thinking about lobster nuggets.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I'm game for a hang and swapping Lies & Stories whicha (favorite expression from Capt Bob "Rampage" out of West Palm). Sounds like a good evening sitting around the fire pit!

Sorry for the distraction and now back to the cold weather and gear testing !
    - Bobby Bowden

Images
    I'm game for a hang and swapping Lies & Stories whicha (favorite expression from Capt Bob "Rampage" out of West Palm). Sounds like a good evening sitting around the fire pit!

Sorry for the distraction and now back to the cold weather and gear testing !
    OK, it is 1220 central in north MS and we just broke 30, we may manage to get above freezing today, by a degree or so anyway. Lot's of sunshine though. The furnace boys just went to lunch, I have high hopes for a working furnace tonight. Even if I do sleep outside.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'm with you there BillyBob! Our furnace went out for about a week last year. Of course it was during a cold spell. The fireplace was nice, but the quilts got busted out for a few days when watching TV. Very scary thing having almost $1,000 worth of dead geese within reach of two cats and a dog!
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Most assuredly good news to me!

According to the Farmer's Almanac, this coming winter is going to be a brute. The middle of the country "roughly east of the Continental Divide to west of the Appalachians" is gonna get the worst of it. Our friends in the Great Lakes area, well...we'll see you guys in the Spring once the ice and snow recede. I suspect our friends like Shug, Fin, Turk, etc will be setting some new personal lows this year; I'm jealous. Here is an article from CNN.

I bring this up for a couple of reasons. 1. I LOVE THE COLD and I'm quite excited by this news. 2. People have been talking about it a little lately, but it's time to get serious about your cold weather gear. Best start using those extra pennies for quilts, pads, nuclear powered hammocks, whatever. A good tarp that can close-up may also be in order.

I suspect many a goose will give their lives so that we may stay warm this year. Less goose poop on the golf courses really can't be a bad thing, so go buy a quilt or two and do your part.
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    winter hanging is always good news!
    Curiosity...how does the Famers Almanac forecast the weather? The wooly worm, astrology, tree moss, etc??
    There are many a weather person on TV who can't tell me what the weather was 5 minutes ago, but the Famers Almanac seems to know all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    That's because they don't use the Original Farmer's Almanac 1
    Quote Originally Posted by LosUno View Post
    What happened to the Global warming?
    (and many other good posts)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-84065947.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capit.../?hpid=topnews

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/snow.fo...2.1481078.html

Just sayin'!

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789