Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

VIDEO-Winter Overnighter in the Seneca Creek Backcountry

Fire-Fly, MoMo and I went on a winter overnighter in the Seneca Creek Backcountry with a base pack weight of 14# for Fire-Fly and 17# for myself. We set off early Saturday morning for a 9.4 mile out and back and hit the trail with the temps at 19*F but on the rise throughout the day to a beautiful 40*F. However it did drop back down to 27*F Saturday night into Sunday morning but no problem for our gear. Hope you enjoy and thanks for watching!!!!
    HIKE ON
    MAZ

Music -
    Matt Corby - Resolution
    Nick Mulvey - Fever To The Form

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

The Lowcountry - SC (previously Boston, MA)
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Slings, Dutchware
    Nice editing and shots. Looked like a fun trip. The dog cam was great. And you even got a trout. Nice.
    fishwater youtube channel: Check out my channel to see backpacking in New England

Hammock
    +11' Black Argon
    Love that place, I grew up in Elkins and use to fish that place for native rainbows. Great video.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Great trip, Maz! Thanks for sharing it. This will be the standard that all other trip videos will be measured by. Momo shines, as usual. I love his breakfast from the hammock shot. The Allegheny Mt. Trail looks like it would be good for x-country skis and a pulk. Do you think they would do on Bear Hunter as well? I haven't hiked those two yet.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Really nice dog hammock! What weight fabric did you use for that? Think I found a new project.

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLee View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    Your welcome....I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater View Post
    Nice editing and shots. Looked like a fun trip. The dog cam was great. And you even got a trout. Nice.
    Thanks....the dog cam is just the chest harness for people but I reduced it down to its smallest size it fits her perfect.....The trout was little but caught on camera....either way I love Tenkara and Hammocks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutrightwv View Post
    Love that place, I grew up in Elkins and use to fish that place for native rainbows. Great video.
    This stream is great for native trout fishing...thanks for watching

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Great trip, Maz! Thanks for sharing it. This will be the standard that all other trip videos will be measured by. Momo shines, as usual. I love his breakfast from the hammock shot. The Allegheny Mt. Trail looks like it would be good for x-country skis and a pulk. Do you think they would do on Bear Hunter as well? I haven't hiked those two yet.
    Thanks WV...The Allegheny MTN Trail is great for pulking and X-country skiing but maybe not so much with Bear Hunter Trail cause it goes down the mountain to Seneca Creek and is quite the elevation to get back out...

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tramos55 View Post
    Really nice dog hammock! What weight fabric did you use for that? Think I found a new project.
    It's 1.9oz Ripstop....it was the first hammock I made years ago and I just cut it in half and sewed new channels on the cut ends....and the underquilt is made from an old synthetic 0* sleeping bag I had laying around. Just remember your learning curve you had with your first hammock.....the dog will be the same....But I found that if I lay in my hammock first I can then spread her hammock out and it makes it much easier for her to get in...Now she loves it and can't wait to get in it when we get to camp!!!!SPOILED!!!!!!

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Great video and great trip. The POV stuff really shown through. I haven't played with that as much. I feel inspired. I'll be subscribing to your channel.
    How long did it take to catch that fish before the video edit? Have you been doing Tenkara long (I've been thinking of picking up a set). Also, what editing software do you use? Mac or PC?
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Great video and great trip. The POV stuff really shown through. I haven't played with that as much. I feel inspired. I'll be subscribing to your channel.
    How long did it take to catch that fish before the video edit? Have you been doing Tenkara long (I've been thinking of picking up a set). Also, what editing software do you use? Mac or PC?
    Yeah using POV was a first for me too and I really liked how this one turned out....Not long into fishing I caught the fish then I was happy so I stopped filming.....cold doesn't play well with Gopro batteries....as for Tenkara....I've been doing it for about three years now but I've known about it for a long time and living in Japan I saw a lot of it in the Nakagawa River in Tochigi Prefecture.....but they use HUGE poles for Ayu fish.....Then I learned about the shorter poles for mountain streams and I was hooked so to speak....and your last Q....PC

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast