Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    This is what the HammockForum is all about. The world goes round and round but we do what we do. No worries Dutch! They do what they do, we do what we do. We do it better!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Okay coppers, come get me.

I'm going rogue!

Forget those 500 mile death races. Forget base jumping. Don't even mention carrying cell phones in a pocket close to your heart. That sissy stuff.

I'm taking up high stakes (puns intended) Speed Hook hanging.

Yep. I'm gonna live on the edge. Gonna raise my hammock from 8 inches off the ground to a whole foot off the ground. And I'm going to do it with a suspension rated not 5 but (gasp) only 4 times my weight. And in the Summer I'm only gonna have a light UQ to cushion my fall when I jump into bed.

That's right. I am throwing caution to the wind.

They'll pry my Speed Hooks from my cold (okay with my MollyMac TQ we'll settle for coolish) dead hands.

Blaze of Glory! Leroy Jenkins! Fortune favors the brave. YOLO! Je Suis an insanely naive and reckless hanger!

My only question is if these will now become rare contraband. Maybe Dutch is just stockpiling them so he can watch the prices skyrocket and then he'll sell high, make a killing, and retire to the South of Holland where the lovely Dutch ladies will woo him with their flirtatious glances and beautiful cello stylings.

I smell a conspiracy. Something is rotten in Denmark.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    I'm still using mine! The only damage I've seen is where I didn't have the twist seated properly and there was some slippage.
    "Never corner anything meaner than you are...."-Unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    We understand Dutch. Do what you need to do to make it Dutch perfect.
    Is it hang time yet?

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    Okay coppers, come get me.

I'm going rogue!

Forget those 500 mile death races. Forget base jumping. Don't even mention carrying cell phones in a pocket close to your heart. That sissy stuff.

I'm taking up high stakes (puns intended) Speed Hook hanging.

Yep. I'm gonna live on the edge. Gonna raise my hammock from 8 inches off the ground to a whole foot off the ground. And I'm going to do it with a suspension rated not 5 but (gasp) only 4 times my weight. And in the Summer I'm only gonna have a light UQ to cushion my fall when I jump into bed.

That's right. I am throwing caution to the wind.

They'll pry my Speed Hooks from my cold (okay with my MollyMac TQ we'll settle for coolish) dead hands.

Blaze of Glory! Leroy Jenkins! Fortune favors the brave. YOLO! Je Suis an insanely naive and reckless hanger!

My only question is if these will now become rare contraband. Maybe Dutch is just stockpiling them so he can watch the prices skyrocket and then he'll sell high, make a killing, and retire to the South of Holland where the lovely Dutch ladies will woo him with their flirtatious glances and beautiful cello stylings.

I smell a conspiracy. Something is rotten in Denmark.
    Eight inches off the ground. LOL !

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Hey Dutch,

I should add a sincere post. I don't think you have done anything wrong here. I can't imagine anyone has had their suspension fail yet. I know you've always backed up your gear and will deal faithfully with any concerns. I think this is actually a touchstone moment for us where we get to see you put safety and integrity above your bottom line.

This makes me feel even more confident in your gear. You continue to be the most innovative, courteous, and conscientious gear producer in the whole hammocking community.

Your dedication to us, the craft, and the sport are the reasons we have large lines of credit but also stronger connections to our friends, our family, and nature.

Thanks, Dutch.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ok I was at the FHV with my speed hooks and had a fail Friday. My hook pierced the loop and I didn't notice it till I was on the ground. I replaced my loops with 1/8" ( thanks to Mama Smurf) and replaced my leads with 1/8" also and hung that way till Monday. I had very little wear and it felt more solid hand. I will continue to use my speed hooks. Dutch if you need a tester for the new hooks I volunteer. I can teat them for some time and send them back for final testing.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    If there is fraying then it might be a matter of finish.

A polished edge will be less likely to cut a line than a rough one.

I intend to continue using mine (and some anchors that work by the same principle).

But I'll watch them and, when the time comes, round them off really smooth.
    Last edited by MDSH; 01-21-2015 at 23:11.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    If there is fraying then it might be a mater of finish.

A polished edge will be less likely to cut a line than a rough one.

I intend to continue using mine (and some anchors that work by the same principle).

But I'll watch them and, when the time comes, round them off really smooth.
    Originally I thought the same thing and that is quite logical. I made them smoother to the point they were round. That created more stress on the amsteel where they cross. Hard but deburred corners helped more because they took stress off the cross over. Each corner took a little more pressure off until finally the cross over had very little pull on it. I tested both and smoother was actually the worst and slipped with the least amount of weight. Slipping really messes them up.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    JRB GL3 + REI bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Amsteel is cheap, and I get to make new loops, etc...feeling all DIY. Honestly, with all of these Hammock stuff its just incredible. I am amazed it can hold me and my gear up on that little line and Ti. The upside on the speed hook, to me, completely outweighs the downside. I rotate my continuous loops and my suspension, because I expected to see wear. This seems to do the trick. I will keep on using these as my primary. If a replacement comes out, I may upgrade then...but I still am happy. thank you for the full disclosure and letting us know what's up. I appreciate it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast