Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    OK I'm in, I got clearance from my doctor this afternoon so I will be attending lilricky's farewell sherpa hang! And like emcee, I will be bringing dates and bacon for happy hour. I will be there about noon Friday.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    So, can those of us who don't want/need to park at the end of the tram road still get access to drop off gear then shuttle back out? I don't mind the walk but if I can cut off a good portion of the "sherpa" part I'm OK with that
    Yes, but you will still need a special use permit to get the gate combination and it will also be a bit of a pain (but maybe worth it to you). If you aren't coming out there from Avon Park then you will need to drive all the way down School Bus rd, open the locked pipe gate at the end at SR 64, lock that gate behind you, pop over to Tram rd, unlock the gate, lock it behind you, then repeat on your way back to where you'll start your hike. I'm guessing that it will add 20-30 minutes to your trip. But if your load is heinous enough that might be worthwhile
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    *** For those attending please confirm that you know that we are now camping at the Isabell camp site ***
    Ok, remember that we'll be limited to 35 people so don't sign up and not show. Please list each person in your group separately and what you'll be bringing (you aren't required to join in on the community food to attend)

The easiest way to do lists like this is to reply with quotes to the last one that was done and when your editor opens up delete the quote code (it is a QUOTE with the name of the person you are quoting and a number surrounded by brackets and then a /QUOTE surrounded by brackets) at both ends of the quote. That way it is copied but not quoted (this preserves the formatting) so that the next person can quote it, remove the quote code (to preserve the formatting and make it quotable for the next person) and so on...

Dutch ovens in attendance: olddog (just the aluminum), MAD777 (aluminum), Tuck. Will the MAD777 DO be used for biscuits in the morning? if so then we'll need another one if possible

1. Me - peppers, onions, and hot sauce for both breakfasts
    2. Bla1ze 3 dozen eggs
    3. Club 708 - 3 dozen eggs
    4. olddog-DO for 2 Cheezy Bacon Grits and 2 cobblers
    5. craigc - 2-1lb packages of Sasuage.
    6. sandykayak - bacon pieces and grated cheese (for oldog), dish washing stuff, mineral oil, my large lightweight, nonstick (was used at FHV) frying pan with wooden utensil.
    7. lilricky - 2-1lb packages(tubes) of sausage for MM's
    8. Tuck - I got a new DO from Christmas. I'm working on picking out some recipes.
    9. Moonshiner- 2 dozen eggs, 2 bags hash browns
    10. MAD777 -- for sure, for sure! I have a LOT of catching up to do this year! Whoo-buddy! I'll be bringing Aztec Chicken Stew and making biscuits! (Do we need some gravy? )
    11. emcee - Hmmm....Grave's Isl overflow I lost track of what was needed maybe bacon wrapped dates?
    12. Great White
    13. MR3T - 4 packages shredded cheese
    14. hangNyak - 2 packages of hash browns
    15. zukiguy: Isabel, check!! I'll bring a grate for the fireplace and whatever else I can think of to share.
    16. Shannan I guess since patches was added that means Shannan is confirmed?
    17. JimJ - 2 bags good large charcoal, jem's homemade salsa jem's salsa will be coming but jem won't?
    18. subwayjim 2 lbs sauage 2 packages bacon, I can bring a 12 qt. D.O. we might need to wait to see if we need another one... plus the trip is much farther in and you can't kayak it any more
    19. Patches
    20. MoonBear
    21. O-boy -- bacon wrapped dates
    22. open
    23. open
    24. open
    25. open
    26. open
    27. open
    28. open
    29. open
    30. open
    31. open
    32. open
    33. open
    34. open
    35. open
    Folks that I think/hope might be coming but not sure: flahanger, gone native & gameboy, team Lifescout, Gumberrr (they said they weren't sure they could make it when I talked to them at FHV), FLRider, Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by O-Boy View Post
    OK I'm in, I got clearance from my doctor this afternoon so I will be attending lilricky's farewell sherpa hang! And like emcee, I will be bringing dates and bacon for happy hour. I will be there about noon Friday.
    Woohoo! I thought you were completely out of contention until the summer! Glad to have a regular back. Why don't you plan on doing the Tram road parking/hike option with lilricky and sandykayak. Both you and Sandy are coming from the south so you can take 64 towards the bombing range and catch the Tram road from there.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Boy View Post
    Yay! Welcome back Chris! Happy to see you coming! I'll contact you about the possibility of carpooling.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    HNO Sock
    Insulation
    HG/HNO/UGQ
    Suspension
    Not Lately
    Images
    I'll bring a pound of bacon and a pound of dates with enough marinade for more.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    *** For those attending please confirm that you know that we are now camping at the Isabell camp site ***
    Ok, remember that we'll be limited to 35 people so don't sign up and not show. Please list each person in your group separately and what you'll be bringing (you aren't required to join in on the community food to attend)

The easiest way to do lists like this is to reply with quotes to the last one that was done and when your editor opens up delete the quote code (it is a QUOTE with the name of the person you are quoting and a number surrounded by brackets and then a /QUOTE surrounded by brackets) at both ends of the quote. That way it is copied but not quoted (this preserves the formatting) so that the next person can quote it, remove the quote code (to preserve the formatting and make it quotable for the next person) and so on...

Dutch ovens in attendance: olddog (just the aluminum), MAD777 (aluminum), Tuck. Will the MAD777 DO be used for biscuits in the morning? if so then we'll need another one if possible

2. Bla1ze 3 dozen eggs
    6. sandykayak - bacon pieces and grated cheese (for oldog), dish washing stuff, mineral oil, my large lightweight, nonstick (was used at FHV) frying pan with wooden utensil.
    8. Tuck - I got a new DO from Christmas. I'm working on picking out some recipes.
    10. MAD777 -- for sure, for sure! I have a LOT of catching up to do this year! Whoo-buddy! I'll be bringing Aztec Chicken Stew and making biscuits! (Do we need some gravy? )
    11. emcee - Hmmm....Grave's Isl overflow I lost track of what was needed maybe bacon wrapped dates?
    12. Great White
    15. zukiguy: Isabel, check!! I'll bring a grate for the fireplace and whatever else I can think of to share.
    16. Shannan I guess since patches was added that means Shannan is confirmed?
    17. JimJ - 2 bags good large charcoal, jem's homemade salsa jem's salsa will be coming but jem won't?
    18. subwayjim 2 lbs sauage 2 packages bacon, I can bring a 12 qt. D.O. we might need to wait to see if we need another one... plus the trip is much farther in and you can't kayak it any more
    19. Patches
    20. MoonBear
    22. Floridahanger- Paper box oven for biscuits. Water filter for community use.
    23. open
    24. open
    25. open
    26. open
    27. open
    28. open
    29. open
    30. open
    31. open
    32. open
    33. open
    34. open
    35. open
    Folks that I think/hope might be coming but not sure: flahanger, gone native & gameboy, team Lifescout, Gumberrr (they said they weren't sure they could make it when I talked to them at FHV), FLRider, Vanguard.[/QUOTE]
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    For those attending please confirm that you know that we are now camping at the Isabell camp site

Dutch ovens in attendance: olddog (just the aluminum), MAD777 (aluminum), Tuck, subwayjim (maybe).

2. Bla1ze 3 dozen eggs
    10. MAD777 -- for sure, for sure! I have a LOT of catching up to do this year! Whoo-buddy! I'll be bringing Aztec Chicken Stew and making biscuits!
    11. emcee - Hmmm....Grave's Isl overflow. -- bacon wrapped dates + marinade
    12. Great White
    16. Shannan
    17. JimJ - 2 bags good large charcoal, jem's homemade salsa
    18. subwayjim 2 lbs sauage 2 packages bacon, I can bring a 12 qt. D.O.
    19. Patches
    20. MoonBear (did we lose track of what you were bringing?)
    22. Floridahanger- Paper box oven for biscuits. Water filter for community use.
    23. open
    24. open
    25. open
    26. open
    27. open
    28. open
    29. open
    30. open
    31. open
    32. open
    33. open
    34. open
    35. open
    Folks that I think/hope might be coming but not sure: gone native & gameboy, team Lifescout, Gumberrr (they said they weren't sure they could make it when I talked to them at FHV), FLRider, Vanguard.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

1,000 postaversary!

Happy 1,000 postaversary to me! This is post number 1,000 for me. The first person (it doesn't have to be someone that is part of this thread necessarily or even someone from FL but I hope it is one of my regular gang) to reply with a quote to this post will get a gift from me before I leave Florida this summer. I don't even know what it will be but it is literally the thought that counts... and it's free

Dave

(added a screen shot for posteriority... and yes, I meant to spell it that way)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by samsara; 02-05-2015 at 14:55.

Hammock
    HH Exped Classic, Dutch Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Forum Member Made
    Insulation
    JRB HR, Greylock3
    Suspension
    Rings, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    Happy 1,000 postaversary to me! This is post number 1,000 for me. The first person (it doesn't have to be someone that is part of this thread necessarily or even someone from FL but I hope it is one of my regular gang) to reply with a quote to this post will get a gift from me before I leave Florida this summer. I don't even know what it will be but it is literally the thought that counts... and it's free

Dave
    Gift?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomVan View Post
    Gift?
    If you aren't in central Florida then you'll have to pm me your name and address

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast