Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Oh Happy Day - Order #1554 Placed

What a day - ordered myself a new tarp and Renegade quilt from UCQ and a Thunderbird from Dream Hammock.

I'm a lot lighter... in the wallet. Now to work on the other kind of weight loss.

All of this will go on two very special trips this year:

In late May/Early June, we will have a group of my dad's closest friends, my brother and myself floating the Smith River here in Montana to place his ashes in his favorite place in the world. Dad's last trip on the Smith is one that will last forever. Dad passed away in October after a battle with esophageal cancer that spread to his brain and spinal column. He was the bravest, kindest, strongest man I know. He asked me to write his obituary and he edited it himself. That's the kind of guy he was - totally rational. He knew his time was limited, so let's write an obit. I wrote something more than an obit, but an essay about my dad and all he loved, especially fly-fishing. Those interested can read it at: http://www.brucesimon.org/

In July, my mom's lifetime dream of driving to Alaska comes true. We'll be taking a T@B trailer (necessary with luggage plus two rambunctious yellow Labs), but whenever possible, I'll be hanging in the T-Bird. My mom's parents took the Alcan a number of times and mom has always wanted to go. In fact, no matter how much we begged her, she wouldn't fly up for her first Alaskan trip.

That trip will also coincide with my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary, which will will spend on the Kenai River fishing for salmon.

Here's hoping with all this that 2015 is a great year, because 2014 sucked!
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Sorry about the loss of your father. It sounds Like he did some good work and his memory is in good hands.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Your father sounds like he was a great man, Dave. I hope this year is better for you and your family. The trip to Alaska sounds therapeutic. God bless, man.

-Chris
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry about your dad Montalaskan.

Congratulations on a great hammock! Did you get the extra zippers? They're well worth the extra $10. Also, I've been to Alaska in the summer. I'd get the double layer DB & then spray it down with Sawyer permetherine, if you hadn't thought of it. Sounds like a really great trip! Post some photos in the trips section too.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Ah, the great predator of the North, the mosquito. Fortunately, I live by a river and am well-accustomed to their attacks!

Extra zippers? I'm not aware of the option or why. Tell me more!
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 30D
    Insulation
    20*Phoenix,Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling's
    Images
    Sorry for your loss of your dad. It sounds like you did some fun things together. I lost my dad 6 years ago. We also fished and camped together. I have all good memories of those days.
    Enjoy your new Hammock and continue fishing and camping. By the way you have some beautiful state you live in. I was out to Glacier Nat park twice and loved it.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20°/40°
    Suspension
    webbing/Ti buckles
    Just reading this post today. I don't know you or didn't know your dad but that obituary made me wish I could've known him! My greatest hope is that someday my son will look back on our time together as reverently as you have on the time spent with your father!!!

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by howlinmadman View Post
    Just reading this post today. I don't know you or didn't know your dad but that obituary made me wish I could've known him! My greatest hope is that someday my son will look back on our time together as reverently as you have on the time spent with your father!!!
    Thank you, that means a lot. I was fortunate enough to be with him just hours before he passed. I'd been saying it all along, but I got to tell him once again that he was the strongest, bravest man I knew. I got to tell him that I loved him and that he was/is my hero.

It means a lot to me that the last thing I ever said to him was to let him know how much I loved him.

• + New Posts