Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles & webbing

Going to pull the trigger

Hello all,

Currently own 3 hammocks: a HH Explorer Ultralite, a WB Ridgerunner and a Clark NX 250. Think I am going to buy a WB Blackbird XLC and sell the others. I like that the BB XLC is longer than the HH; I do get a calf ridge in the HH although I like the hammock for summer use. For winter I find the Super Shelter less than ideal despite mods I have made. From what I have read the BB XLC should eliminate the calf ridge (I am 6'2" and 210). I think it will be easier to use in winter. The WB RR is nice, but I am not a back sleeper and when I sleep on my side I like to draw one knee up. The WB RR does not really allow me to do this although I like the hammock itself a great deal. The Clark is great, but I like a flatter lay and I cannot remove components to make it lighter during the summer. Great hammock but overkill for most uses. Before I purchase the BB XLC does anyone my size have thoughts given what I have said? I mostly backpack and although pack weight is an issue when each is fully rigged they are closer in weight than one might think. I am not going to agonize over a pound as I have cut my weight in other areas to include my fat self.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I will carry a bit more weight if it means a good nights sleep. So go for it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 30D
    Insulation
    20*Phoenix,Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling's
    Images
    I would like to know how the BB XLC works out for you. I been thinking along the same line. I,m a side sleeper also and would really just like to try a bridge and compair the difference. Best on your quest for a good night sleep.

Hammock
    Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles & webbing
    I really like the WB RR in many ways. Visibility is great; setup is very easy, and the quality is very good. I just find that on my side it is not quite what I have hoped. I am not a back sleeper except for naps, but when I am on my back the hammock is great. I like the Spindrift cover and other features but...just wondering if something else is more better.

I'm 6'-2" and 215 lbs, and a side-sleeper. I love my XLC. Best nights of sleep while camping I've ever had. Takes a little getting used to with netting around the footbox, and trying to keep an underquilt in place (easy to reach the left side, tougher the right because of the zipper layout), but after you figure out what you're doing, it is awesome. No calf ridge. Spacious. I've actually fallen asleep on my back too. That's never happened to me (while sober) before.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've had a number of hammocks (18+ at last count). Haven't had the XLC, but I really like my Dream Hammosks. Might get an XLC just to see what the fuss is about, but I'm concerned the foot box will rip out. Let us know how it goes.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush/Flight
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by whmoller View Post
    If anyone is interested in a HH Explorer Ultralite Zip, WB RR with Spindrift
    I might be interested in your Spindrift if you're willing to sell it separately and a brief conversation. PM me.

Skip

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Woot! Yukon Cheapo
    Insulation
    KAQ under/DD over
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I'm 6'2" 195, side sleeper and I sleep really well in my BB XLC. I agree that it can be tough to get your under quilt just right. Slept in it the other night in low 40s weather and woke up with a cold back. Set up in the dark and didn't get everything right. That's more my fault than the hammock's.

• + New Posts