AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gRaFFiX View Post
    Fantastic Paul, Better believe I'll be orderin one of those as soon as I start gettin my winter gear. awesome product.
    Thanks, but Fin realy has done all of the hard work on it, I just made some very small tweeks here and there. He deserves all the credit.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Just got my new (still working on it) web site up to take orders on gear! You can contact me through the site if you have questions or are looking for something special

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/
    Thanks

Paul
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    ALso what kind of thread do you use when you sew outdoor gear?
    Polyester. Avoid cotton at all costs.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    So paul I have a few things to add;

1. Why not make the weathershield on the bottom only as the top cover is already covered by the tarp?

2. I know umake pillows, intead of designing pillows in a regular shape, a shape that would work much better in the hammock isnlike the shape of those airline/travel pillows that wrap around your neck, only make it a lil thinner ANd angled up in the back to go behind the head instead of behind the neck-but still wrap around the neck-ithnk that would work reeeel good in ammock. Or j could just copy the travel pillow for starters! My .02

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    So paul I have a few things to add;

1. Why not make the weathershield on the bottom only as the top cover is already covered by the tarp?
    You have the right idea, but the top cover is not for weather protection at all, your tarp will still remain the #1 line of defence for protecting you from the weather (rain and wind.) What the TC does do is help to add additional warmth retention to the hammock. Even with the tarp pitched very low over the hammock the top cover does a better job at trapping heat inside the hammock, and does block the flow of air through the bug netting as the TC is right up aginst the netting. However a weather sheild on the bottom of the hammock or a full DWR hammock sock would trap heat as well as help to protect the hammock from wind blown weather. The best option if you are looking to protect the hammock from rain is to get a tarp that closes in like a speer winter, a WB Supper fly with doors, or one of my tarps with optional removable doors.

2. I know umake pillows, intead of designing pillows in a regular shape, a shape that would work much better in the hammock isnlike the shape of those airline/travel pillows that wrap around your neck, only make it a lil thinner ANd angled up in the back to go behind the head instead of behind the neck-but still wrap around the neck-ithnk that would work reeeel good in ammock. Or j could just copy the travel pillow for starters! My .02
    When I started on the pillows I wanted to accomplish three major goals in desighning them. First I wanted them to be comfortable. Second I wanted them to be as compressable as possible. Third I wanted to make them as afforable as possible initialy. A travle pillow desighn would be verycool(I may try making one), but it would not be as light, and would take more time to sew, which would raise the price. But it could be fun to try and make one like that and see what sort of size it would stuff to and what it might weigh.

Paul

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    The travel pillow model does not have to be so large as a real travel pillow, it only has to be large enough to go around your neck.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I'm going to close this thread. Contact Paul through his website for ordering.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12