Red face Customer Service Experience

I have seen a few disappointed reviews on this company. I purchased a used top quilt in need of repair. I sent it to them as not the original owner and ordered some other items to have shipped when the product was repaired.

They did not charge for the repair! Also they sent it back in a stuff sack which I did not have for this quilt along instructions on care for the quilt. This experience alone will have my vote for the future purchase of an underquilt. Thank you Adam and Jenny for your service.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Glad you had a good experience with HG. I'm a big fan myself and find it hard to believe that anyone could give them a negative review. Adam and Jenny have always seemed to do whatever it takes to make everything right. Good people!
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I give HG 2 thumbs up also. I've ordered an incubator, pillow and a burrow from them and the turn around from ordering to it being shipped as always been quick. Also emailed them and called them and they have always been helpful and nice, they have always answered emails in a timely manner.

Glad you had a good experience also
    Last edited by soul embrace; 03-02-2015 at 15:17.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I would comment on this post since it relates to some great things that are going on here at Hammock Gear. We have had a few hiccups in the past regarding communication issues, most times they were my fault. I have always understood that to be a big no-no but I was trying to juggle too many things at the same time...and I am no Shug! Thorwren (Jenny) has really been the one to take this issue by the horns. She is a little obsessive about it these days...lol. I still answer the phone when I can, but 90% of the emails and communication right now are with her.

So, I just wanted to send out a big "Thank You". Both to Thorwren for the dedication (and crazy hours), and to our customers for hanging on for the ride!

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I would comment on this post since it relates to some great things that are going on here at Hammock Gear. We have had a few hiccups in the past regarding communication issues, most times they were my fault. I have always understood that to be a big no-no but I was trying to juggle too many things at the same time...and I am no Shug! Thorwren (Jenny) has really been the one to take this issue by the horns. She is a little obsessive about it these days...lol. I still answer the phone when I can, but 90% of the emails and communication right now are with her.

So, I just wanted to send out a big "Thank You". Both to Thorwren for the dedication (and crazy hours), and to our customers for hanging on for the ride!

~Stormcrow
    Very nice Adam! 100% first class.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    When I was gathering information recently HG was one of only 3 of our vendors who promptly answered my questions.

One of my tests for whom I choose to do business with is communication. The ability for me to communicate is as important as the quality of the product. I look at reputation, cost, quality and ease of communication, history of company, how long in business.

I have owned small enterprises, I realize how difficult it is to get the job done and maintain open communication. Especially in this day and age when dealing with business from all time zones, the internet is a wonderful tool and way to market products, however the reality of communication can be very difficult with such diversified opportunities to market our product or service.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 Woodland Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 30/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n' Straps
    I sent an email Sunday morning around 9:00 with a quick question and got a response within about 30 minutes! Placed my order about 30 minutes after that.

I certainly didn't expect a response that quick, but in my case, that closed the deal.

Can't wait to get my quilt!

Hammock
    DH Tbird
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20*Burrow/Incub
    Suspension
    whoopie!!!
    I was floored by the CS Jenny and Adam provided me. Both my Burrow and Incubator were leaking down, mainly my burrow. I emailed them some pics, told 'em what was going on, and how often I had used it. Literally 20 minutes later Jenny replied back and told me to send it back. That they would fix it, no questions asked. You can't buy better customer service. Thank you so much you two. You've got a customer for life and one hell'uv a referral.
    "Not all who wander are lost." – JRR Tolkien

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    My Hat's off also to Adam and Jenny.

My 0* Incubator and Burrow are going strong after 2 years. When I had a small issue when I first took delivery, I received personal attention from Adam, to and including a "warp speed" turnaround of the fix. (Just a couple of missing line locks.

First class operation all the way and the quality of the product itself is second to none. I have used my HG UQ and TQ down to -11* F and am sure it would have kept me warm below that. There was also a pretty good wind going on also. I trust my life with their gear and their CS in rare times of need.

All the best !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    10' 52'' Bias WWM
    Tarp
    HG CF Camo 4 door
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie/ Kevlar
    Images
    +1 on Hammock Gear products and customer service being second to none.

• + New Posts